17th March 2011, 12:22 AM
yspidthilak

How may I do Ph.D in Maths through correspondence? I've done B.Sc(Maths) and M.Sc(Maths)

Hi,

This is thilak.i have done my BSC(maths)and Msc(maths) in coresspondence. now iam planning to do my Phd in maths. Is it possible to do Phd with this corresspondence degree.whether all the universities will accept this PG degree to do Phd. plz reply asap.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do to study Ph.D in maths after M.Sc in maths with 54%? Am I eligible to study Ph.D with 54% in maths in PG?
  2. M.Sc in Maths holder can do PhD in Customer Brhaviour in Financial Borrowings? Shall I do any other course through correspondence?
  3. Am I eligible to do full time Ph.D after completion of MBA? -- [New]
  4. Can I do PhD after Masters from Correspondence? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Doubts regarding correspondence PhD
  6. Can I do PhD in Maths after completing Engineering? Qualification and eligibility criteria?
  7. What's the procedure for getting admission in PhD(maths) through correspondence from IGNOU university? Is there any entrance exams for this?
  8. List of universities which offer correspondence PhD in Mathematics? Procedure to apply?
  9. Is it necessary to appear in any entrance exam for study correspondence PhD in History being a M.Phil postgraduate?
  10. How may i join correspondence course in PhD after completion of my MCA (correspondence)? List of universities for the same?
  11. Can I apply for correspondence PhD in Maths programme in Tamil Nadu or Kerala if completed M.Phil from Madras University being a lecturer?
  12. Studying Ph.D from correspondence university like CMJ University, Shillong is valuable for M.Sc Biotechnology student? List of the correspondence universities for Ph.D?
  13. PhD after MCA (correspondence) is possible? Can I go for BioInformatic as my PhD topic?
  14. Can I do PhD in Hotel Management? Universities offering PhD as correspondence?
  15. How can I apply for Ph.D at Chaudhary Charan Singh University? Whether the university is correspondence? Whether PhD at this university irregular or correspondence course?
  16. Should I study correspondence PhD if Teaching at Higher Secondary Level? Course duration of PhD?
  17. Correspondence PhD can be done after regular Master's degree or the Master's degree should be from correspondence as well?
  18. Recognised university for correspondence M.Phil/PhD in English?
3rd April 2012, 05:52 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Default Re: How may I do Ph.D in Maths through correspondence? I've done B.Sc(Maths) and M.Sc(Maths)

Hi friend,

The requirements for an award of PhD degree varies from one nation to another,PhD in Mathematics is a very highly defined and respected degree as doing research work in the field of Mathematics is quite a tough proposition.

In order to get the degree the candidate must submit a detailed thesis consisting of a full proof study of any specialized field of the subject in concern.

Eligibility Criteria:-

* must be graduates having passed their graduation with Mathematics as one of their major subject if not the only one, provided that their bachelors degree is a valid one.

Course Outlook:-

There is no specific time period slated for the completion of one’s thesis which will give them their degree. Usually, it ranges from two to three years but can also extend for longer duration.

Job Prospects:-

People having the degree of PhD in Mathematics to their name can start off their careers as university professors or lecturers or even pursue further work in the field of research.

Best Places to Pursue:-

Indian Statistical Institutes
University of Calcutta
University of Delhi
University of Poona
University of Madras
National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur

ALL THE BEST
20th May 2012, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How may I do Ph.D in Maths through correspondence? I've done B.Sc(Maths) and M.Sc(Maths)

Hi this is Prasad, I completed MSc maths. I would like to know the prospects after doing MTech in maths, which Universities offer this course and what is the eligibility
25th July 2012, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

sir i got the marks in b.sc(maths ) above 55% and in m.sc(maths) beow 55% so can i do the m.phi and phd. in mathyematics
17th February 2013, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

sir
now i am doing III b.tech(eee), i want to do ph.d in mathematics. please give the information which exams i have to write,which universities offers in india
28th November 2013, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

i got 51% in msc maths through Madurai kamraj distance university can i do phd in same subject.
20th December 2013, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

i did mca iwant to do phd in maths can u give an idea through correspondance
23rd May 2014, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

sir I completed MSC maths with 75 per
r from tamilnadu open uni and I also doing m Phil from a deemed university . I wanted to do PhD in maths from jodhpur pls suggest me sir.
21st March 2015, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
This is akanchha
.i have done my BSC(maths)and
Msc(maths) in coresspondence. now iam
planning to do my Phd in maths. Is it possible
to do Phd with this corresspondence
degree.whether all the universities will accept
this PG degree to do Phd. plz reply asap.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?