15th March 2015, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to clear the NET exam for lectureship even after completing the Ph.D?

I had done my Ph.D and i got degree then also i need to clear net exam? Is it mandatory to clear the NET exam for lectureship? Can someone provide me the information on this soon? Thank you.

16th March 2015, 05:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to clear the NET exam for lectureship even after completing the Ph.D?

If you want to get Government lecturer job then you have to clear NET/SLET exam with a good score. If you want to do job as a lecturer in private colleges/universities then NET is not a essential qualification.

If you qualify NET then you will get salary according to the Government rules and regulations. This will help you to get all the benefits which a government employee gets in India. If you don't have NET score then you can work in private colleges and salary will be according to the experience and your skills.
17th March 2015, 10:28 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to clear the NET exam for lectureship even after completing the Ph.D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had done my Ph.D and i got degree then also i need to clear net exam? Is it mandatory to clear the NET exam for lectureship? Can someone provide me the information on this soon? Thank you.
If you have completed Ph.D degree then you are eligible lectureship post without UGC NET score.

Eligibility criteria for lectureship:-

If you have Ph.D degree from a recognized university then you can apply for lectureship post.

OR

If you have masters degree with UGC NET/SET/SLET score then you can apply for lectureship post.
30th March 2015, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

is NET is mandatory for asst profeesor post as per new Supreme court order March 2015 ? then phd holders also have to clear net?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?