23rd January 2014, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Paper publication is mandatory for PhD Abroad? Whether it would be mandatory to do MS before PhD?

Currently I am pursuing final Sem of my masters degree in Pharmacy ,my specialization branch is Pharmaceutics.
I am interested in pursuing my Ph D from abroad so would like to ask that whether is it mandatory to have papers published.
And whether it would be mandatory to do MS before PH D.
Please help me out.
Thank You.

26th June 2015, 08:59 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Paper publication is mandatory for PhD Abroad? Whether it would be mandatory to do MS before PhD?

No, it is not mandatory to publish papers to get admission in Ph.D course. You can get admission in Ph.D course in foreign universities, even if you have not published any papers. But, if you have published any papers, you will have a chance to get admission in best universities and even you will have chance to get scholarships and assistantships.
27th June 2015, 09:55 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Paper publication is mandatory for PhD Abroad? Whether it would be mandatory to do MS before PhD?

No, paper publication is not necessary for getting admission in foreign universities for PhD course. However, the below mentioned criteria are essential for PhD admission in foreign institutes.

- Good score in the entrance exam like GRE and the English Proficiency test like IELTS, TOEFL.
- Appropriate Thesis work at post graduation level.

Apart from these, having work experience or internship experience and paper publication will make your position stronger during the selection process at the time of admission process in the foreign universities as these are preferred in the candidate's profile as there are huge number of applicants across the globe.
10th April 2016, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

I qualified GATE in 2014 and I am doing M.Tech in a private college(A.P).How i will prepare for getting Ph.D in IIts
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?