23rd June 2019, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to pursue MPhil for MSc student to pursue PhD(Microbiology)?

Hi, I am studying MSc in Microbiology. My aim is to do PhD in the same specialization. I would like to know that I have to do MPhil for studying PhD? I don't want to do MPhil. So, please help me in this regard.

28th June 2019, 12:31 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to pursue MPhil for MSc student to pursue PhD(Microbiology)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am studying MSc in Microbiology. My aim is to do PhD in the same specialization. I would like to know that I have to do MPhil for studying PhD? I don't want to do MPhil. So, please help me in this regard.

No, it is not necessary to pursue MPhil to study PhD (Microbiology) for the MSc Microbiology students. Students who have passed MSc Microbiology or equivalent from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks are eligible to study PhD (Microbiology) course. Therefore, students after completion of MSc Microbiology can directly pursue a PhD (Microbiology) without studying MPhil. They have to appear for an entrance examination and personal interview conducted by the university for the admission to study PhD (Microbiology) course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?