11th December 2015, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Ph.D in music from Punjabi University after B.Com?

I completed my b.com from Punjab university and sangeet bhaskar from prachin kala kendra in vocal. Can I do phd in music from Punjabi university?

Related Questions:
14th December 2015, 08:51 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Ph.D in music from Punjabi University after B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my b.com from Punjab university and sangeet bhaskar from prachin kala kendra in vocal. Can I do phd in music from Punjabi university?
No, after completion of B.Com degree, you are not eligible for Ph.D in Music from Punjab University.

If you have completed M.Music from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D in Music from Punjab University.
14th December 2015, 10:21 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Sorry that you are not eligible for PhD in Music after completing B.Com. Students who are willing to do PhD in Music course from a reputed university are required to meet eligibility requirements which are as follows:

The applicant should have passed Master Degree in Vocational/Instrumental with not less than 55% of marks from a recognized university. It is mandatory that you must studied about must at Graduation and Master degree level. You should have secured at least 55% marks in aggregate.

The applicant appearing for final years exam prior to qualifying exam or those awaiting their results can also apply for the course and take the test but the applicant will not be able to take admission to the course until the applicant pass the qualifying exam with required marks.
15th December 2015, 12:58 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

In Punjabi University they offer only M.A in Music and PG Diploma in Folk Music and SUFI Music.
So the information about the PhD course in Music is not available in the Punjabi University website.
The student has to contact the university Music department for more details in person or through mail.
But usually for any PhD course the eligibility will be a Master’s degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?