26th December 2016, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to take admission in Ph.D without doing M.Phil?

Sir, I have done my M.A.(Hindi), I want to do PhD (Hindi). Is that possible to take admission in Ph.D without doing M.Phil? If yes, please let me know the University & procedure to take admission.
Thanks & Regards,
Gazaala.

27th December 2016, 11:33 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take admission in Ph.D without doing M.Phil?

Yes, you can apply for Ph.D admission on the basis of your masters degree, if you have got 55% marks in it. M.Phil is no necessary for admission, but you have to clear entrance exam and interview for admission being a masters degree holder.

M.Phil candidates are exempted from entrance exam and they just need to appear for interview stage for admission.
27th December 2016, 11:28 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take admission in Ph.D without doing M.Phil?

Since you have completed your M.A degree course, you are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
Candidates must have to qualify in the NET examination to take admission in different Colleges to pursue the Ph.D course in the relevant field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?