22nd August 2017, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get admission in IIT Madras for PhD in Chemistry?

I am MS Chemistry holder and wanted to do PhD in Chemistry from IIT Madras. Please tell me procedure to get admission in IIT Madras for PhD in the same?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I have to appear in NET to study PhD in IIT-Madras if completed M.Sc(Chemistry)? Eligibility to get admission?
  2. Detailed procedure to apply for PhD in Physiotherapy course in IIT, Madras?
  3. Important dates of admission in IIT Madras for PhD(Management) course? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D Chemistry in IIT?
  5. Admission procedure to do Ph.D in Chemistry after B.Sc with 75%? List of institutes providing Ph.D in Chemistry?
  6. Admission procedure to study PhD in Madras University for Biotechnology postgraduate? Last date of application?
  7. Admission procedure to study PhD(Economics) in IIT-Indore?
  8. What is the procedure followed to get admission for Ph.D in IIT? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Chemistry after completion of M.Sc Chemistry with 79% marks?
  10. Admission procedure to study PhD(Electro Chemistry) in Delhi University? -- [New]
  11. What should I do to get admission in PhD in Chemistry after completing M.Sc in Chemistry?
  12. Procedure to get admission in PhD after M.Sc Chemistry? Which topics should I choose?
  13. Can I get financial assistance to do PhD in IIT-Madras? Details of financial assistance?
  14. Selection procedure for admission in PhD(Chemistry) through GATE with Stipend? Course duration of PhD in Chemistry?
  15. Detailed procedure to apply for Post graduation in Physics in IIT, Madras? What is the selection process of IIT, Madras? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Admission procedure to study PhD in IIT for MCA postgraduate?
  17. IIT Madras offers PhD in Environmental Issues and Global Warning?
  18. Is Madras University reducing stipend for PhD student?
30th August 2017, 02:30 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in IIT Madras for PhD in Chemistry?

It is very glad to hear that you want opt for the Ph.D course from IIT Madras. To opt for Ph.D from IIT Madras, you must have a very good academic record.
To do Ph.D after the completion of your MS in Chemistry, you should first qualify in the UGC NET examination or must qualify in the GATE examination with merit marks as IIT Madras allows admission to merit candidates.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognized University with 55% of marks.
So, once you qualify with merit marks in the entrance examination, you can apply for the Ph.D course in IIT Madras.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?