23rd August 2014, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

Should I apply for CSIR NET or UGC NET? Does both of them are equal?

I am Anil from haryana. I have done BSC(computers) and then MA in Maths. Am i apply to mathematical science csir net or for ugc net or they r equal .please help me

4th September 2014, 12:01 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I apply for CSIR NET or UGC NET? Does both of them are equal?

You have to apply for CSIR NET as you are a Post Graduate in Mathematical Sciences. CSIR NET is related to subjects like Life Science, Maths, Engineering Science and Physical Sciences. Hence, apply for CSIR NET only.

Just make sure that you have scored over 55% marks in your Post Graduation. Although there is relaxation in marks for reserved category candidates. Relaxation will be applicable for candidates who belong to SC/ST, OBC and Physically handicapped categories.

CSIR NET is conducted for JRF and LS. Age limit is there for JRF which is 28 years of age. Relaxation in age is available for reserved category candidates. Those who get JRF can apply for apply Junior Research Fellowships which are government funded programs. For Lecturership there is no such age limit and any post graduate with 55% marks can apply for it.

The CSIR NET exam will test your teaching aptitude research aptitude. Hence, you must be very well prepared for these topics. Only few people are declared qualified every year and you need to be thoroughly prepared for it.

For more information visit http://csirhrdg.res.in
23rd March 2015, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I apply for CSIR NET or UGC NET? Does both of them are equal?

After studying all the topic.,when I open the previous year question paper I feel helpless.which book I should read so that everything will be easy to answer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?