4th November 2015, 03:13 AM
Unregistered

Should I have to study PhD to become a Professor?

Hello Friends,
I have done graduation in Political Science. I want to become a Professor. So, I have to do PhD first? Kindly let me know about this asap.

Related Questions:
  1. What all exams are required to take after pursuing PhD from Abroad for being Professor in a university?
  2. Can I become Chemistry Professor in UGC council if study PhD in Biochemistry after completing M.Sc?
  3. Can one become a professor after doing JRF or a PHD is necessary?
  4. Chances to become a Lecturer in Abroad for a PhD Professor of B-School?
  5. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD in Computer Application for an Assistant Professor who has completing MCA?
  6. Eligibility for Associate Professor in colleges after PhD and Masters from distance mode? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Qualifications required to be a Professor of engineering college? How to be a Professor?
  8. How much stipend I will get to study PhD if qualified in UGC-NET for Assistant Professor post?
  9. Which course should I join among MCA, M.Sc and B.Ed to become a Teacher?
  10. Will there be more Job Opportunities for the candidates after completion of M.Phil in Mathematics?
  11. Am I eligible for Assistant Professor of Mathematics while doing PhD?
  12. Qualification required for being Assistant Professor?
  13. Can I get admission to study Ph.D being an Associate Professor in Tribhuwan University, Nepal since last 15 years?
  14. Is it safe to do PhD from PU? Is practical fundas required to do PhD in Finance?
  15. Is it mandatory to do graduation and higher secondary studies in the same subject to take the government teaching job?
  16. PhD from Duke University is valid to be Professor in engineering colleges of Karnataka?
  17. Opportunities for an Assistant Professor who has completed PhD after GATE?
  18. Being Assistant Professor in a College can I do PhD in Humanities at other university?
11th November 2015, 01:11 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to study PhD to become a Professor?

No, it is not compulsory to do PhD to become a Professor.
Candidate must have passed Masters in respective subject to become professor.
But if candidate had Ph.D. degree then he/she will become eligible for Head of Department.
11th November 2015, 07:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to study PhD to become a Professor?

Normally, post graduation degree is enough to get you a lecturer job and with experience you can become a professor. PH.D is definitely a good option to enhance your qualification while doing a teaching job in colleges.

These days becoming a professor will depend on your credentials and if you have done research program then surely it will help.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?