31st July 2012, 12:35 PM
suchitra.j.nair

Which course should I join among MCA, M.Sc and B.Ed to become a Teacher?

hi.

i am a ty it student from mumbai university...i have got no interest in making my career in IT field...i want to be a teacher...what course should i accept?? should i do MCA or M.Sc or B.ed...i know if i directly do B.ed I can be a School level teacher but i want to be a college level teacher..please advice me the appropriate course....

31st July 2012, 06:17 PM
Benduluri

Default Re: Which course should I join among MCA, M.Sc and B.Ed to become a Teacher?

M.Sc is the suitable for the become a teacher

later you can do M.Phil and phd also

and you can do software job with M.sc computers qualification

so many colleges welcomes you for the post of Assistant Professor

**All The Best**
31st July 2012, 10:10 PM
rch91

Default Re: Which course should I join among MCA, M.Sc and B.Ed to become a Teacher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchitra.j.nair View Post
hi.

i am a ty it student from mumbai university...i have got no interest in making my career in IT field...i want to be a teacher...what course should i accept?? should i do MCA or M.Sc or B.ed...i know if i directly do B.ed I can be a School level teacher but i want to be a college level teacher..please advice me the appropriate course....
If you opt for MCA then surely you would have many IT sector companies in which you can make your career but as you said you want to be a college teacher better i would say a professor then i will suggest you to go for MSc. MSc because Graduates should be able to find employment in the computer industry, or to apply computing techniques in the subject area of their first degree.Those with some previous industrial experience in the computer field can also broaden their horizons through the this programme, by gaining a sound knowledge of the theoretical basis and practical applications of computer science. Then further Mphil or PHd what you wanna do according to your interest.
All the best..!
Take the right decision for yourself...!
31st July 2012, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

thanks a lot sir
31st July 2012, 10:54 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

To become college level teacher which means lecturer you will require at least a post graduate degree. Without a masters course it is impossible to become lecturer.

To become a lecturer you will have to appear in the University Grant Commission National eligibility test. Only after passing this entrance exam you can get the lecturer job in central government colleges or the state government colleges.

Apart from the lecturer job the national eligibility test is also for students who wish to pursue Phd course.

eligibility criteria for national eligibility test:-

1. Candidate must be Indian citizen.

2. you must complete postgraduate course in any stream from a recognised college.

3. you can appear in NET Exam for the same subject in which you completed masters degree.

4. You need to secure at least 55 % marks in the masters degree course.

5. Candidates belonging to schedule caste, scheduled tribe and other backward class need to secure at least 50 % marks.

6. Candidates in the final year of Masters degree course may also apply for NET exam. However there is 1 condition that they need to submit master degree within in 2 year of passing the entrance exam.

7. The age limit for junior research fellowship is 28 years.

8. There is no age limit for lecturer job.

Please remember that NET Exam is for Lecturer job in Central government colleges. For job in state government colleges You will have to appear in SET exam.
31st July 2012, 11:34 PM
Srikar achill

Sir,M.Sc is the suitable for the become a teacher
**All The Best**
31st July 2012, 11:48 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi....!!!!

-->to become an lecturer you will require at least a post graduation degree.

-->you need to give an entrance exam NET.

-->apart from the lecturer job the NET is also for students who wish to pursue Phd course.

-->eligibility criteria:-

-candidate must be indian.

-candidate must be complete post graduate course in any stream froma recognized college.

-you can appear in NET exam for the same subject in which you completed masters degree.

-you should have atleast 55% marks in the masters degree course.

-relaxation is there for SC/ST/OBC ETC.

-CANDIDATE OF FINAL YEAR MAY ALSO APPLY FOR NET EXAM.

-THERE IS NO AGE LIMIT FOR LECTURER.

ALL THE BEST....GO AHEAD!!!
1st August 2012, 01:43 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

Hai.....

2. you must complete postgraduate course in any stream from a recognised college.

3. you can appear in NET Exam for the same subject in which you completed masters degree.

4. You need to secure at least 55 % marks in the masters degree course.

5. Candidates belonging to schedule caste, scheduled tribe and other backward class need to secure at least 50 % marks.

6. Candidates in the final year of Masters degree course may also apply for NET exam. However there is 1 condition that they need to submit master degree within in 2 year of passing the entrance exam.

7. The age limit for junior research fellowship is 28 years.

1st August 2012, 01:44 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

Hai......

M.Sc is the suitable for the become a teacher
2nd August 2012, 12:07 PM
mitesh1995

hi friend....

2. you must complete postgraduate course
in any stream from a recognised college.

3. you can appear in NET Exam for the same
subject in which you completed masters
degree.

4. You need to secure at least 55 % marks in
the masters degree course.

5. Candidates belonging to schedule caste,
scheduled tribe and other backward class
need to secure at least 50 % marks.

6. Candidates in the final year of Masters
degree course may also apply for NET exam.
However there is 1 condition that they need
to submit master degree within in 2 year of
passing the entrance exam.

7. The age limit for junior research
fellowship is 28 years.

Best of luck......
14th August 2012, 06:26 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

If you are aspiring to be a college Teacher then You should have to apply for NET exam:

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.
for this you have to complete at least your graduation Degree in any field with at least 55% from recognize Universities.

And If you are aspiring to Become Teacher at High school level then you should have to apply for B.Ed.

Best of Luck
15th August 2012, 12:01 AM
yogesh8955347778

to become an lecturer you will require at least a post graduation degree.

--you need to give an entrance exam NET.

--apart from the lecturer job the NET is also for students who wish to pursue Phd course.

ELIGIBLITY CRITERIA

-candidate must be indian.

-candidate must be complete post graduate course in any stream froma recognized college.

-you can appear in NET exam for the same subject in which you completed masters degree.

-you should have atleast 55% marks in the masters degree course.

-relaxation is there for SC/ST/OBC ETC.

-CANDIDATE OF FINAL YEAR MAY ALSO APPLY FOR NET EXAM.

-THERE IS NO AGE LIMIT FOR LECTURER.
15th August 2012, 04:29 PM
rch91

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchitra.j.nair View Post
hi.

As you have said that you have no interest in IT field so i think MCA is not suitable for you as it is completely based on computer applications and programming languages.
To be a professor or lecturer in any college MSc would be a perfect for you.After Msc you can easily get job in any college and you can also pursue further along with your teaching.
best wishes..
4th August 2013, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

hi dis is naina, i passed my 12th in commerce, grad. from DU in b.com(pass), done 1 year diploma in web designing, done O'level from DOEACC, done multimedia animation,done MBA in IT,having good profesional corporate experience, but nw i want to make my career in GOVT. job as a comouter teacher, if iam planing to don B.ED and want computer teacher, so its possible after doing b.ed i'll get job in govt. school for teaching computer subjects means as a T.GT not P.GT.
pLEASE SUGGEST ME..........best for a govt. teacher. this is my id
15th March 2015, 02:27 AM
Unregistered

I am giving my 12 class board exams and I want to become lecturer . should I opt for hons or not ?please suggest me the course I should go for?
28th April 2016, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

I want to be a computer science teacher for 12th standard in a school . I have completed my MCA this year and I am not interested in IT sector. So is there ny need of B.Ed or something like that to be the one. please suggest me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?