12th January 2014, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

PhD from Duke University is valid to be Professor in engineering colleges of Karnataka?

Is Dke university recognised by AICTE here in India. Is this university engineering phd valid to become professor in any engineering colleges in karnataka.Please reply me.I am now in a dilemma whether to join this university or not for my Phd.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it valid to go for Assistant Professor Post in any engineering college in Karnataka if I do M.tech in KSOU
  2. Eligibility for Associate Professor in colleges after PhD and Masters from distance mode? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How may I do Ph.D in English through correspondence in Karnataka? What's the admission procedure?
  4. List of ITI and Polytechnic courses for girl in Delhi? Eligibility criteria of the courses?
  5. Can I get admission in engineering PG courses in Karnataka without a valid GATE score? Is the CUSAT entrance test valid for all colleges in the state?
  6. Is a MCA, M.E student eligible for assistant professor in engineering colleges?
  7. Done M.Tech in Mechanical with 13 years of Experience : MBA or Ph.D in Green Supply Chain Management, Which one to do?
  8. Is the PhD degree offered by Amity university valid?
  9. How can I become a professor?
  10. Is Ph.D degree valid?
  11. Is the degree of Karnataka Open University(Sneha Institute of Engineering & Management, Chinchwad, Pune) valid?
  12. How to do B.Tech in computer engineering in Karnataka state open university
  13. Is the PhD degree from Amity Law school at Lucknow campus considered valid?
  14. What is the requirement of professor for diploma engineering?
  15. Am I eligible for the post of assistant professor in engineering colleges?
  16. What should I do for continuing my career in teaching? I am working as an associate professor in department of Biotechnology, JBIET Engineering College
  17. From which university I can do PhD after completion of my M.Phil and MA with 53% marks in English?
  18. Am i eligible for the post of assistant professor in degree colleges? I have submitted PhD
6th January 2015, 08:28 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: PhD from Duke University is valid to be Professor in engineering colleges of Karnataka?

Yes, PhD from Duke University is valid to become a professor in an engineering college in India (Karnataka). Duke University is one of the eminent institutions of the world and have good reputation. There is no need of AICTE approval since AICTE approval is for Indian colleges and Universities. However, merely a PhD degree from Duke University will not help you in becoming professor. You need to undergo all the proceedings of the college from where you want to get the Title of a Professor. For this, you might have undertake various research projects and crack interviews. You can definitely join Duke University for PhD since you will get high exposure and can learn many new things.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?