11th November 2018, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Steps to join PhD in Applied Mathematics for BSc student?

Hello, I am studying in BSc with Mathematics. I have already planned about my future. In future I want to do research on Applied Mathematics. So, for this I want to join PhD course in Applied Mathematics. So, from now you help me to show the path for achieving my aim. Kindly tell me the steps.

20th November 2018, 04:52 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to join PhD in Applied Mathematics for BSc student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am studying in BSc with Mathematics. I have already planned about my future. In future I want to do research on Applied Mathematics. So, for this I want to join PhD course in Applied Mathematics. So, from now you help me to show the path for achieving my aim. Kindly tell me the steps.

Students after completion of BSc Mathematics have to study MSc Applied Mathematics or Mathematics to study PhD in Applied Mathematics in the future. They should score very good marks in the Graduation and Post Graduation course to study PhD Applied Mathematics in the future. They can also clear the NET or SET or GATE examination for the admission to study PhD Applied Mathematics or have to appear for the PhD entrance test conducted by the university. The above given are some of the steps taken to join the PhD in Applied Mathematics.
20th November 2018, 05:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to join PhD in Applied Mathematics for BSc student?

For Ph.D admission, you need to have a masters degree first, with at least 55% marks. Just make sure you have got the degree in the required subject. Most of the universities will ask for M.Sc degree.

On the basis of B.Sc, you can only get admission in integrated Ph.D, which is available through JEST. Just make sure you have got at least 60% in B.Sc maths.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?