25th November 2017, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

What are the benefits of PhD? What is entrance exam process?

Hi I am Ravi. I have completed my M.Com and I have also qualified NET. And I want to do PhD, tell me what are the benefits of Ph.D and what is the entrance process for it?

29th November 2017, 04:55 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the benefits of PhD? What is entrance exam process?

Being a PhD student you get these benefits:

You become responsible: You could see this as PhD students being given all the work to do and how much you agree with that may depend on your own individual situation. They are given the benefits in every field as well as highest salary also.

You develop skills: such as presentation skills, communication skills, problem solving skills, time management skills, teamwork.

Flexibility: This does sound a little similar to Independence but what I mean by flexibility is more than the ability to take control of your project, look at what equipment you want to use, whatever you want to do.

Opportunities:A PhD is full of opportunity, you have a chance to meet and work with lots of different people.
29th November 2017, 05:16 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Benefits of Ph D:-

Independence:-
Your PhD is your own, you decide what hours you work in, what methods you use, when cake time is etc.

Responsibility:-
PhD students are valued members of a department.

Transferable skills:-
During your PhD you develop so many skills:-
Communication Skills, Problem Solving Skills, Time Management, Project Management, Team work etc.

Flexibility:-
Being a PhD students you can justify what you are doing with sound reasoning and logic.

Opportunities:-
You can teach, you can blog, you can create societies, you can travel, you can attend free training courses.

List of entrance exam for doing PHD:-

NCBS
DBT
TIFR
ICMR
JNU PHD ENTRANCE
NIMHANS
NIPER ENTRANCE EXAM
BITS PHD ENTRANCE EXAM
AIIMS PHD ENTRANCE EXAM
BARC PHD ADMISSION TEST
NDRI PHD ENTRANCE EXAM.
29th November 2017, 06:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Ph.D is for those who want to research in a particular field. Also, those who want to make career in academics, can go for it. Normally, those who are in teaching profession, must go for it.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by the concerned university. If you have qualified exams like NET/SET/GATE/JRF, then you will be exempted from other entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?