7th February 2023, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

What can I do after MPhil in Mathematics except Teaching line?

Good evening sir/mam i have completed my M.Sc (mathematics), and M.Sc( statistics )(in distance). And completed my M.Phil part-1 and submitted my thesis. Waiting for results. But i want to go to US.as lecturer except teaching .how can i???

9th February 2023, 07:09 PM
NaubiShah

Default Re: What can I do after MPhil in Mathematics except Teaching line?

There are various career options available for individuals who have completed their MPhil in Mathematics. Some of the alternatives to Teaching include:
  • Data Science and Analytics: You can work in industries such as finance, healthcare, and technology as a data analyst or scientist.
  • Research and Development: You can pursue research in academia, government, or industry in fields such as cryptography, optimization, and mathematical modeling.
  • Actuary: You can use your mathematical skills to assess financial risk and make decisions for insurance companies and pension funds.
  • Software Development: You can apply your mathematical skills to develop software for industries such as finance, gaming, and robotics.
  • Financial Planning and Analysis: You can work in finance, banking, and investment firms to analyze data and make financial decisions.
  • Consultancy: You can use your expertise in mathematics to provide consulting services to organizations.
  • Operations Research: You can use mathematical techniques to solve complex problems in operations management and decision making.

These are just some examples and there might be other fields and career options available as well.

~Regards
Naubahar Shah
BBA, MCom, NET Qualified
10th February 2023, 11:43 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can I do after MPhil in Mathematics except Teaching line?

Full PhD degree in desired discipline is required for lecturership.
Start reaching out to professors and teachers in universities abroad .
One has to try to build healthy relations with professors and researchers if possible.
Most four year institution require a research or doctorate professional in the filed ,one is interested in lecturership.
It's common to have academic work published .
Whenever the position comes, apply for the professors job and for this one has to constantly search their college website.
Thus getting job is not yet difficult bit not too easy also.
One has to work for it.
For entry level position, doctorate degree is must.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?