13th June 2021, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

What can I do to become a Professor in Commerce?

I have 12th pass and getting 75% what can I am do in became a professor in Commerce subject and what are the requirement to become a professor?

13th June 2021, 09:51 PM
Singhskomal

Default Re: What can I do to become a Professor in Commerce?

If you want to become college professor in commerce after 12th you get bachelor's degree in commerce and after that you must get master's degree in commerce like accountancy and statistics, banking and economics, business administration etc..after that you may appear for UGC NET exams..its a entrance exam for ph.d..(doctors in philosophy) to become a professor of college..
15th June 2021, 10:01 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

First complete bcom and after that you will have to clear UGC NET JRF exam.
After clearing this exam you will be eligible to apply for the post of assistant professor in any degree College
/ University.
next step will be to get admission in PhD in any university on the basis of NET JRF score.
complete PhD and even after PhD you will be able to apply for assistant professor post only.
15th June 2021, 12:54 PM
jeet2porwal

Follow given procedure to become a Professor in Commerce.

1. Complete BCom in relevant subjects with minimum aggregate of 55% from recognized university.

2. Complete MCom in relevant subjects with minimum aggregate of 55% from recognized university.

3. Go through UGC NET/ CSIR exam and crack it with good score.

4. Now you can apply for position of Assistant Professor in any university.
15th June 2021, 01:04 PM
Msdhoni02

A Master's degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.

Then, you need to qualify NET exam to get eligible for Professor post in India.
16th June 2021, 08:50 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

✓ After M.Com you can give NET exam and further you can pursue your PhD. Once you clear NET exam you are eligible to become a professor in Commerce. Minimum percentage is 1st Division in your Masters in Commerce for the same. There is no age criteria.
17th June 2021, 02:10 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Master's degree in any subject is required to enroll to the position of Professor. Apart from this you must have qualified required for NET. The test is conducted by UPSC 2 times in a year. NET qualified candidates can apply to the position of Professor through college/ state PSC portal.
So, with a bachelor degree, 2 year masters degree, and NET score you can apply for PhD. Complete your PhD, you will initially work as a lecturer. You may then be promoted to assistant professor and then a professor based on your experience and Research achievements.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?