16th January 2016, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

What kind of qualification is need for PhD in geography after completion of M.A?

What kind of qualification is need for PhD in geography after completion of M.A? I am looking for doing the Ph.D course but am not sure what need to be done next. So, it would be really helpful if you can answer me on this soon. Thanks!

16th January 2016, 10:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of qualification is need for PhD in geography after completion of M.A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What kind of qualification is need for PhD in geography after completion of M.A? I am looking for doing the Ph.D course but am not sure what need to be done next. So, it would be really helpful if you can answer me on this soon. Thanks!
If you have completed M.A in Geography then you are eligible for Ph.D course in Geography.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed masters from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

2)There is no age criteria for Ph.D course

List of universities which offers Ph.D in Geography:

Allahabad University
Senate House Campus, University of Allahabad, Allahabad, UP, India - 211002
Ph: 91-532-24601083

Assam University
Silchar - 788 011

Awadhesh Pratap Singh University
Rewa, Madhya Pradesh, India

BITS, Pilani

Central University of Rajasthan
NH-8, Bandar Sindri, Dist-Ajmer-305817, Rajasthan
Ph : +91-1463-238755

Chirst University

Dravidan University
Srinivasa Vanam, Dravidian University Rd, Agaram, Andhra Pradesh 517426

Gauhati University
The Registrar, Gauhati University, Gopinath Bardoloi Nagar, Guwahati - 781014,
Ph: 0361-2570415 (o), 2674243
17th January 2016, 09:52 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: What kind of qualification is need for PhD in geography after completion of M.A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Being an MA student, you are eligible to apply for a PhD in Geography course.

- For taking admission in the PhD in Geography course the eligibility criteria is that the candidate should have passed Master degree in Geography or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university approved by the UGC.

- The candidates required to score at least 55% of marks in the Master degree course.

- The main criteria is that for admission in the PhD in Geography course candidate must qualify UGC NET or the entrance exam conducted by the respective university.

Colleges Offering PhD in Geography Course:

- Jamia Milia Islamia University, Delhi, New Delhi
Official website - www.jmi.ac.in

- Magadh University, BodhGaya
Official website - www.magadhuniversity.org

- University of Delhi, New Delhi
Official website - www.du.ac.in

University of Science and Technology
- Official website - [email protected]
17th January 2016, 05:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to qualify exams like NET/SET in Geography subject to become eligible for admission in top universities for PH.D programme. There will be interview stage also for you which will decide the merit for admission.

You must have M.A degree in geography field with at least 55% marks to become eligible for PH.D admission in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?