24th May 2015, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

What is the minimum qualification for Ph.D? Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Psychology after completion of B.Tech ECE?

What is the minimum qualification for phd. i have completed my b.tech(ece). can i eligible do to Ph.D in psychology?. or else any other qualification is required for this?. Can someone give me the information soon as possible? Awaiting for the reply!

Thank you!

24th May 2015, 07:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification for Ph.D? Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Psychology after completion of B.Tech ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the minimum qualification for phd. i have completed my b.tech(ece). can i eligible do to Ph.D in psychology?. or else any other qualification is required for this?. Can someone give me the information soon as possible? Awaiting for the reply!

Thank you!
No. B.tech in ECE candidates are not eligible for Ph.D in Psychology.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.
24th May 2015, 08:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification for Ph.D? Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Psychology after completion of B.Tech ECE?

Normally, you must have qualification in the same field to become eligible for admission in the given field. In your case you are having B.Tech in ECE which is not related to psychology and these will create problem for you during admission. Also, Masters degree in psychology or its related field with at least 55% marks is the minimum criteria for admission in Ph.D program.
25th May 2015, 02:59 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification for PhD course is you must be holding at least post graduation degree. I am extremely sorry to state that you are not eligible to pursue PhD course in Psychology after completion of your B.tech course. This is because you need to be a post graduate in Psychology to pursue PhD in Psychology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?