31st January 2015, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

What are the procedures to be followed for doing Ph.D?

Hello Sir/Mam,

My name is monika sharma and I have done msc in chemistry and now I wanted to do phd.

I want to know the whole procedure of phd from entrance yo interview.what's the next step after this?.

5th February 2015, 11:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the procedures to be followed for doing Ph.D?

The first criteria for Ph.D admission is that you must have 55% marks in your Master's degree. If you have this percentage then you will be eligible for various Ph.D entrance exams. If you are from a reserved category then you will be eligible for 5% relaxation in marks.

If you can qualify exams like NET/SLET/JRF then you can apply for direct admission in Ph.D through interview which is conducted by the University. If you don't qualify NET/SLET/JRF then you have to appear for Ph.D entrance exams. Those who have M.Phil qualification or 5 years of professional experience are also eligible for Ph.D admission without any entrance exam.

Admission is given to those who qualify the entrance exam and interview with good performance. Hence, try to be well prepared for these stages. The notification for admission is released by every University and you can definitely apply for it when it is announced.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?