26th October 2021, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to be a lecturer in communication related fields?

I am 45 years old with a MSc degree in Chemistry and a B.Ed from Mumbai University.I have been visiting colleges recently to teach communication skills and I find I am feel highly interested in teaching the subject. I read a lot on it.However I have no formal degree.I am interested to serve as a lecturer in Communication skills in the near future.However right now I am not eligible due to absence of a formal degree.I want to excel in this field as I feel passionate about it.I wish to attain a doctorate degree in this area and conduct research.Right now I reside in Bhilai(Chhattisgarh).I have served as a teacher in middle school for a decade followed by coaching students in verbal ability , soft skill training and teaching Business Communication.Right now I am pursuing a P.G Diploma on Psychotherapy and Counselling. Please advise as to what is the fastest route to achieve my goal.

30th October 2021, 10:48 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should I do to be a lecturer in communication related fields?

To become a professor is quite a difficult job if you are looking to do it from a good University because you have to study really hard to get good marks.

First, Do your 12 class with good marks to get selected in a good University.

Second, Do your graduation in any subject. It can be either bac. in science or bac. in Arts. If you are going to opt for BA then you can go for political science, journalism( of course), English and many more which really doesn't matter.

Third, Crack the master Exam and Do your Masters in journalism and Mass Communication specified subject only

Fourth, Crack the PhD exam, Do your PhD or research in you prefer specified subject.

Apply for the Professor position in your prefer University when the position is vacant which is notified by the university.
31st October 2021, 05:46 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: What should I do to be a lecturer in communication related fields?

What should I do to be a lecturer in communication-related fields?

If you wish to join as a lecturer, first you have to do a master's degree in any one subject of your graduation. You should also prepare for the National Eligibility Test (NET), conducted by CSIR-UGC related to your post-graduation subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?