10th February 2016, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in GATE being an ECE 3rd year student? How to find out GATE scorecard?

Respected Sir,
I am a student of ECE 3rd year. Am I eligible for GATE as per update information of GATE? What is the procedure to find out that what scorecard I get in GATE?

12th February 2016, 06:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in GATE being an ECE 3rd year student? How to find out GATE scorecard?

GATE scorecard is valid only for one year which means you can apply for it in final year only. 3rd year students can't apply for GATE at this time according to eligibility criteria.

For GATE scorecard you have to visit the official website and enter your registration details and other required details to check whether you have qualified or not. You can also download the soft copy from the website.
12th February 2016, 07:42 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in GATE being an ECE 3rd year student? How to find out GATE scorecard?

No, you are not eligible to appear for GATE being in 3rd year of your graduation course. This is because only final year students and passed out students are eligible for GATE. SO when you will be in the final year of your engineering course, you can apply and appear in it.

Once the GATE is over, after few months, the conducting council of GATE (usually any one of the IITs) will declare the link in which students can see their results.
12th February 2016, 08:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, to say that B.Tech third year students are not eligible to appear in GATE examination. Only candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation or those who have already completed Graduation are eligible to appear in GATE examination. You can get GATE scorecard from the GATE official website http://www.gate.iisc.ernet.in/ once the examination results are declared. Since, you are pursuing B.Tech third year right now, you need to wait one more year i.e., being a B.Tech final year student, you are eligible to appear in GATE examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?