23rd April 2015, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare to score good marks in GATE in first attempt?

Hi Sir,
I am Bimlesh Kumar, a B.Tech(ECE) student. There is a very less time for GATE although most of the time of my study is spent over 3rd year study. So I am not able to focus on the GATE? So can you tell me that how I planned to crack GATE as well as in one year also?

24th April 2015, 04:20 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I prepare to score good marks in GATE in first attempt?

Since you are a student of B.Tech of ECE branch then you must know that you can prepare well for this entrance examination because this test can be appeared either after completion of bachelor's degree in engineering/ technology or while final year of BE or B.Tech and if you are studying final year of your B.Tech then you are eligible to apply for this examination.

First of all you should get at least 4 extra hours from your time because such big competitive exam's preparation needs time from the candidate so you have to give enough time for the preparation and that can only be given strictly while pursuing graduation.

Find a better coaching center/institute nearby your area or in your city because there are so many very good coaching centers available in each city which you may join and start your preparation.

The coaching center will guide you about the syllabus, strategy and pattern of examination and how to get prepared well with latest tricks and techniques to get qualified and have good marks in GATE test to be qualified for the job easily.

You should focus on Aptitude/ Reasoning Ability of GATE test because these are the main things which will give you good marks in test and except these subjects, you need to study your engineering discipline in depth because that is the major part/subject of the test and exam of that subject is taken to check the candidate's knowledge over that subject whether he/she knows enough or not so start focusing on basics of the specialization subject of your degree and study in depth with using some good reference books.

Your practical knowledge will be highly useful in cracking the examination because if you have practical and basic knowledge together then you may easily cover 75% marks in the section of discipline subject of engineering and that would be a big plus point of your exam and you can secure good marks in exam.

If possible then focus on the subject which is somewhat tough means you are unable to have good or qualifying marks in that because that subject will lead you behind that is why you are required to focus on each subject because if you are good at each subject then nothing can stop you from getting higher marks in the test.

When you complete your syllabus with guidance of experts in coaching then you should buy some practice books and register for online practice tests and start practicing online by solving at least two set papers everyday to get perfection in your preparation because until you will sharpen your practice field, you can not get good marks that is why practice is the only key after completion of study.

If you solve 100+ practice tests before examination then you can easily qualify the exam and secure good marks in the test that is why focus on your career that you are going to make brighter very soon.
24th April 2015, 04:53 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Some tips to prepare for GATE exam are following:-

-You should attend for mock tests conducted by different coaching institutions. This will help you to understand technique of answering the questions in time.

-To Understand Gate exam you must go through for at least 10 years question papers to understand the model.

-To answer multiple choice questions think deeply before answer them.Because,wrong answers lead to negative marks and it will effect the Gate score.

-70% of questions for GATE exam is from core engineering subjects remaining 30% questions comes from General Aptitude.

-The syllabus for the GATE exam are

Compulsory Engineering Maths

Engineering Science, Life Science

General Aptitude.
24th April 2015, 05:58 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is quite difficult to score good marks in GATE in the first attempt especially in the final year of graduation. However, it is not impossible and if you prepare well and have strong concepts you can definitely score good marks. You should join some reputed coaching institutes for a good preparation of GATE. This is because there are still 8-9 months left for GATE and the coaching institute will make the right use of time by designing the optimum study schedule apart from providing the study materials and organizing mock tests where you can assess your current level of preparation. Otherwise you need to do self study. First of all, you need to increase your study hours especially the hours in which your concentration is optimum. You need to be conceptually strong to do well in GATE. You need to practice a variety of problems and refer different books. You need to solve previous years papers. Lastly you need to be focused, calm, confident and aim to deliver your best in the examination.
25th April 2015, 03:14 PM
PATHGUIDE

You can attempt good marks in GATE exam in ist attempt if you start your preparation in your last semester or before 5-6months of the exam.

The syllabus for the entrance test mainly consist of subject related questions thus if you revise whole of your semesters syllabus then you can easily crack your GATE exam in ist attempt.

You must refer good publication books and practise questions as much as you can and try to solve last year question question papers, model test papers/sample papers.

It is not impossible to crack the exam in ist attempt the thing that matters is the hard work that you do.
More hard work you do with intelligence faster you achieve success.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?