16th May 2022, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

BCA graduate is eligible for IPS exam?

sir, This is nishi i have done my bca from a recogniged university after this i have done pgdm and now i am working for icici. am i eligible for ips exam.

17th May 2022, 12:18 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: BCA graduate is eligible for IPS exam?

Yes. BCA graduate student is eligible for the IPS exam. So, after completing your BCA, you are eligible to apply for the IPS exam.
18th May 2022, 08:11 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° Of course, BCA students are very much eligible to apply for the post of IPS.

The Indian police service is one of the all India services that candidates who clear the IAS exam can get into.
The candidate should be citizen of India.

Minimum age is 21 years and maximum should not exceed 32 years as on 1st August of the year of exam.
Relaxation in upper age limit is provided to the candidates belonging to reserved categories.

Candidate must have at least a Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a recognised University to take this examination.

°°° For more information you can visit the official website
http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th May 2022, 02:04 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IPS exam after BCA, off course any graduate from any steam is eligible for IPS.
There is no specific exam as IPS exam.

IPS - Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer, one has to crack Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidates must be in Indian national having either appear for the final graduation degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University with in the age of 21 years to 30 years with upper age relaxation
for reserved candidate.

For more information you may Lock on to http: //www.upsc.gov.in.
19th May 2022, 07:04 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after passing BCA course you can become IPS officer.
IPS is Indian Police Service.
To join IPS you need to appear in Indian Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission annually.

Eligibility criteria to appear in this exam:-

You should have passed graduation degree from a recognised University.
Your age should be between 21 to 30 years and relaxation of 5 years is given to SC/ST and OBC candidate.

You should be an Indian citizen.

Both male and female are eligible to apply for IPS exam.

Civil Service exam has two stages:-

Preliminary exam
Main exam

If you pass both exam then you will be called for interview and physical test.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in.
20th May 2022, 12:26 AM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

Yes. BCA graduates are qualified for the Indian Police Service. Candidates should apply for the Civil Service Examination whenever the application form is available by the Union Public Service Commission. The candidate must have a bachelor's degree to be considered for IPS.
20th May 2022, 08:25 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, BCA graduates are eligible for the IPS examination. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed a bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. The minimum age of the candidate should be 21 years and the maximum should not be more than 32 years as of 1st August in the year of the examination. The restriction on the maximum number of attempts is six and the candidate must be a citizen of India.
20th May 2022, 08:47 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is nothing called I.P.S examination. To become an I.P.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

As per the eligibility candidates with bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear in the examination. Age limit is 21-32 years and relaxation in upper age limit for the reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear in the examination. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
21st May 2022, 11:24 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To be an IPS (Indian Police Service) Officer, you are required to qualify Civil Services examination (often known as IAS exam, IPS exam, UPSC exam) held by UPSC once every year.

Further, for appearing in the same examination the minimum education required is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, having completed your BCA degree course which is a graduation degree course you are eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For complete details regarding the same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
21st May 2022, 01:37 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Wink Re: BCA graduate is eligible for IPS exam?

--- In order to be eligible for the IPS exam the candidate should have minimum educational qualification of graduation in any stream from a recognised Institute of University of India.

The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years as on 1st August of the year in which the exam would be held.
The upper age limit for the IAS exam is 32 years. Relaxation in upper age limit is already provided to those candidates who are from reserved categories.
21st May 2022, 04:46 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

>> BCA graduate is eligible for the Indian Police Service eaxm. Whenever the forms are made available by the Union Public Service Commission you should apply for the Civil Service Examination.

>> The criteria for IPS is graduation degree which you meet.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?