16th May 2022, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NET Exam?

Hi I am Anyan I have completed my PGDM Marketing specialization from college which is only AICTE approved 2 years course with 5.5 CGPA.
Some sites are recommending only UGC approved college student Am I eligible for apply NET EXAM?
Am I eligible for sitting in NET EXAM?

17th May 2022, 11:41 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET Exam?

The eligibility to apply for the NET examination is a candidate must have passed a Master's degree such as MA/MSc/MCom/MTech/MBA or equivalent degree with a minimum score of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. Applicants who have a postgraduate diploma certificate must make sure that their master's degree is recognized by Indian universities from the Association of Indian Universities. The age limit for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) should not be more than 31 years of age. There is no age limit to applying for the post of UGC NET Assistant Professor.
18th May 2022, 07:49 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° Of course you are eligible to apply for UGC NET after completion of PGDM course. Since the candidates who want to apply for UGC NET should have completed Masters degree.

You should have completed Master's from the recognised University with minimum 55% marks and relaxation of 5% is provided to the candidate belonging to reserved categories.

The master should be any of these courses like MSc/B.S-M.S/MBBS/BSc with M.S. etc.

Under UGC NET you will have to options available like jrf and lecturership.

There is no age limit for lecturership however for JRF, it should be below 28 years.
19th May 2022, 02:11 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

--- Candidate securing at least 55% marks in their master's degree or equivalent from a recognised University in Humanities, social science, computer science and applications, electronics are eligible to appear for the UGC NET examination that is conducted by NTA.

Candidates belonging to the non creamy layer of other backward classes, schedule caste, scheduled tribe persons with disability and transgender category have to score at least 50% marks.

The candidates who are in their last year of master's degree are also eligible to appear in this examination.

--- According to the notification you are not eligible to appear in the UGC NET exam because PGDM is a diploma course and you need at least a master's degree to become eligible for it.
19th May 2022, 04:35 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to apply for NET exam:-

Candidates securing at least 55% marks in their master's degree or equivalent from a recognised University in the humanities ( including languages), social science, computer science and applications, electronics science, are eligible to appear for NET exam.

Age limit:-
There is no age limit for applying for the assistant professor only. For JRF, the candidate with a maximum of 31 years as of October 01, 2023.
19th May 2022, 06:43 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply .

Yes, you can apply for the human resource management subject.

Minimum education qualification required is post graduation with minimum 55% aggregate marks.
20th May 2022, 12:31 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria for the NET Exam is that the candidate must have completed a Master's Degree or its equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university or Institute.

If you meet the above criteria, then you are eligible to apply for the exam.
21st May 2022, 01:51 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

It's an exam for determining the eligibility for the post of Assistant professor or Junior Research Fellowship award in Indian universities and colleges.
The exam is conducted by NTA on behalf of UGC .
Those who have completed their PG degree with more than 55% aggregate marks from recognised university are eligible.
Only those students who have completed their PGDM from an AICTE approved institute and have been awarded diploma which is considered equivalent to the masters degree are eligible for registering in UGc NET exam.
21st May 2022, 04:39 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for NET:-

Candidates securing at least 55% marks in their Master's Degree or equivalent from a recognized university in Humanities (including languages), Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science, etc. are eligible to appear for the UGC NET exam conducted by NTA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?