16th November 2018, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in CAT with 46% in BCom being an OBC student?

Sir/Madam, I have completed my BCom and my percentage is 46%. I belong from an OBC category. Now, I want to appear in CAT. So, I would like to know that can I be eligible to appear for CAT? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

22nd November 2018, 05:01 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in CAT with 46% in BCom being an OBC student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam, I have completed my BCom and my percentage is 46%. I belong from an OBC category. Now, I want to appear in CAT. So, I would like to know that can I be eligible to appear for CAT? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

Sorry, you are not eligible to appear in the CAT with 46% marks in BCom being an OBC student. Candidates who have passed a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA are eligible to appear for the Common Admission Test (CAT). Candidates belonging to SC/ST categories need at least 45% marks in a bachelor’s degree for appearing in the CAT. Therefore, you are not eligible to appear in the CAT with 46% marks in BCom being an OBC student.
24th November 2018, 09:49 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for CAT examination. CAT examination is conducted for admission in MBA course.

The eligibility to appear for admission in the course is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50%, there is 5% relaxation for non creamy layer OBC, SC/ST etc.

So, if you do not belong to creamy layer then you are eligible to appear in examination for admission.
25th November 2018, 04:08 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CAT refers to Common Admission Test and it is a national level examination held by IIMs for offering admission in postgraduate diploma in management degree course across various IIMs and other top management colleges.

The minimum education required for appearing in CAT is a bachelor's degree course in any discipline with at least 50% marks from recognized open or regular university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for SC/ST and PH candidates.

So, having completed your B.Com degree course with 46% marks and belonging to OBC category, you are not eligible for appearing in CAT as for OBC category candidates the minimum marks required in bachelor degree is 50%.

For more details regarding CAT, you can refer to the link www.iimcat.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?