11th February 2018, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for M.Sc forensic science after B.Sc chemistry?

After B.Sc in chemistry. Can I apply for M.Sc in forensic science? Is there any entrance exam for this? What is the exam criteria and syllabus for this exam?

11th February 2018, 03:46 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for M.Sc forensic science after B.Sc chemistry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After B.Sc in chemistry. Can I apply for M.Sc in forensic science? Is there any entrance exam for this? What is the exam criteria and syllabus for this exam?

Yes, you can apply for an MSc Forensic Science course after completion of BSc Chemistry. Eligibility to study the MSc Forensic Science is a pass in a bachelor’s degree in Science / Forensic Science / Medicine / Engineering / Pharmacy with at least 50% marks. Candidates have to clear an entrance examination for the admission to the MSc Forensic Science in some colleges. Duration of the course is two years. The MSc Forensic Science course is available in the following colleges:

Gujarat Forensic Sciences University - Official Website

Jain University - Official Website

Osmania University - Official Website

Amity University - Official Website
11th February 2018, 08:11 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can apply for M.Sc in Forensic Science after the completion of B.Sc in Chemistry, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their B.Sc studying Chemistry as a subject from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the M.Sc course in Forensic Science.
If you have scored the minimum required percentage of marks, then you are eligible for the entrance examination. You should cover up your B.Sc papers fro the entrance examination of M.Sc course.
11th February 2018, 08:29 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To take up a Masters course in forensic science you need to be a graduate preferably be the first division in physics, chemistry, zoology, biochemistry, etc.
As you have completed your graduation course in chemistry so you are definitely eligible to pursue this course.
11th February 2018, 09:48 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can do MSc forensic science course after B.Sc Chemistry.

Eligibility Criteria:-

Candidates with a background in Science subjects can pursue a career in forensic science. One can do graduation in forensic science after 12th .

After graduation they can take up diploma courses in forensic science and criminology which is of 1 year duration. To take up a Masters course in forensic science you need to be a graduate preferably with a first division in physics, chemistry, zoology, botany, biochemistry, microbiology, B Pharma BDS or applied science.
11th February 2018, 10:40 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for M.Sc in Forensic Science:

In order to be eligible for doing this M.Sc in Forensic Science course, you are required to meet the below mentioned eligibility criteria.

>> You must have completed B.Sc with any of the below mentioned subjects.
* Chemistry
* Zoology
* Physics
* Microbiology
* Botany
* Biochemistry
* BDS
* B.Pharm..etc.,

>> As you are done with B.Sc in Chemistry, I can say that you are certainly eligible to apply for this course.

>> Some of the colleges conduct their own entrance examination for offering this course. Some of the colleges offer admission based on the marks obtained in Graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?