11th February 2018, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Should I go for CPT entrance exam after BA with 45%?

Hi I am interested in CA. I had BA with 45% and PG DIPLOMA IN ADMINISTRATION WITH 69%. So, should I go through CPT Entrance exam. NOW I AM WORKING IN A BANK . Please mail me [email protected]

11th February 2018, 02:48 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for CPT entrance exam after BA with 45%?

Yes, you have to appear in CPT entrance examination after completion of your B.A course with 45% aggregate marks from a recognised university. To be exempted from appearing in CPT examination, you should have passed B.A course with at least 60 aggregate marks from a recognised university. Since, you have only 45% aggregate marks in your B.A course, you have to appear in CPT entrance examination for taking admission in B.A course.
11th February 2018, 04:27 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi I am interested in CA. I had BA with 45% and PG DIPLOMA IN ADMINISTRATION WITH 69%. So, should I go through CPT Entrance exam. NOW I AM WORKING IN A BANK . Please mail me [email protected]

Yes, you have to register for the CA CPT course after completion of BA with 45% marks. You are not eligible to register for the CA IPCC directly as you have scored only 45% marks in BA. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Commerce with at least 55% marks or bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in other streams with at least 60% marks are eligible to register for the IPCC directly. Therefore, you have to clear the CA CPT to register yourself for the CA IPCC course. The ICAI website link is given Click Here
12th February 2018, 11:31 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you must have to appear in the CPT examination with the above mentioned marks scored in your BA degree course. In order to skip appearing in the CPT examination, you should have scored a minimum of 60% of marks in your BA degree course.
Since, you have only scored 45% of marks, you have to start from the CPT examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?