24th August 2021, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for post graduation if I have a backlog in my final year exam?

I didn't appear for my 5th semester exam Can I apply for post graduation?

25th August 2021, 08:39 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for post graduation if I have a backlog in my final year exam?

Yes, you can apply for post graduation if you have a backlog in your final year exam. A student can appear in CAT exam with a backlog.

You can go to the official website of the post graduation course of any university to eliminate any confusion regarding this.
26th August 2021, 02:52 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for post graduation if I have a backlog in my final year exam?

No, you are not eligible for applying post graduation course if you have any pending backlog in graduation degree.
First of all you shall have to clear your backlog by reappearing in the subject in which you have backlog. Once you cleared the graduation degree, you will be eligible for the post graduation courses.
26th August 2021, 09:18 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to say this, but you cannot apply for Post-Graduation if you have a backlog in final year examination.

First you have to clear all the backlog which you have in the Graduation and then you can apply for Post-Graduation in any University.

Eligibility to apply for Post-Graduation are as mentioned below:-
Candidate must have completed their Graduation from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% aggregate.
28th August 2021, 09:01 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue post graduation the candidate will have to fulfill the below poverty criteria:-

> The candidate must have a passed graduation in science or equivalent from a recognised board.
> The candidate must have acquired a minimum aggregate of 60% in the qualifying examination.
> The candidates who are in their final year of degree can also apply for admission.

The entrance based admission to the course is done on the basis of 4 obtained by the candidate at a national level, state level or college level entrance exam. The admission is done through the counselling process.
29th August 2021, 12:44 PM
periwinkle09876

...... As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to apply for post graduation if you have a backlog in final year of your graduation.
Firstly you have to clear that backlog then only you will be eligible to apply for higher education.
So, first focus on how to clear the backlog and then think about post graduation.
29th August 2021, 07:09 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The basic requirement to take admission in post-graduation is a candidate must have passed the three years bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognized university. Admission selection as per the course will be on the basis of performance in the entrance examination. The minimum score and entrance test may vary from university to university. So, if you have a backlog then you need to clear your backlog papers and pass in the subjects you failed, then you can get admission to the college/institute.
23rd May 2023, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

My Post graduation last semester is pending,can I apply for btc or not....
30th May 2023, 08:22 PM
eduking

You shouldn't have any pending backlogs to get admission in post-graduation and if there are many pending backlogs, you should be able to clear them within the same year of admission. Also, the university should give you a provisional degree then only you will be able to get admission to some other course.

If the university hasn't declared you pass in graduation, you won't get admission in post-graduation. The criteria are simple and you must clear all the backlogs before admission so that you can get clearance from your previous university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?