21st November 2016, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for TGT or PGT after B.Sc with 47% marks?

I have passed my graduation in B.Sc scoring about 47%. Can I apply for TGT or PGT?
I want make my career in teaching line. Or should I do?
Please give me advice on my mail I'd:- [email protected]

22nd November 2016, 01:20 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for TGT or PGT after B.Sc with 47% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed my graduation in B.Sc scoring about 47%. Can I apply for TGT or PGT?
I want make my career in teaching line. Or should I do?
Please give me advice on my mail I'd:- [email protected]

Sorry, you are not eligible to apply for TGT or PGT after B.Sc with 47% marks. For the Trained Graduate Teachers (TGT), the candidates with graduation and B.Ed are eligible for the post. The candidates with Post Graduation and B.Ed are eligible for the Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) post. So you have to study a B.Ed to appear for TGT and should study M.Sc and B.Ed for applying to the PGT post. So it is not possible to apply for TGT or PGT after B.Sc qualifications.
22nd November 2016, 02:27 PM
pruthvi12dba

TGT(Trained Graduate Teacher) & PGT(Post Graduate Teacher) are not the courses.

To start your career in teaching first, you have to do B.Ed.

If you clear your B.Ed. then you already become a TGT that is a graduate who trained in teaching.

But for PGT you have to do your PG degree along with your B.Ed. or M.Ed. then only you can become a PGT.

So first you have to apply for your B.Ed. degree.
22nd November 2016, 02:53 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for PGT and TGT after completing with B.Sc with just 47% marks. To become a teacher you should have completed bachelor of education (B.Ed) and should hold master's degree in arts/science/commerce (MA/M.Sc/M.Com) with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university. In order to help you with the proper information I have attached a link below where you can find the details of eligibility to apply for PGT and TGT.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA PGT-TGT.pdf(207.0 KB, 69 views)
22nd November 2016, 04:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For TGT and PGT posts, you need B.Ed qualification first along with your B.Sc degree. Only B.Sc is not enough to make you eligible for such posts. You can only get contractual teaching posts for a limited period in case of vacancies at schools on the basis of B.Sc degree.

Hence, make sure that you have at least a B.Ed qualification, if you are looking for teaching jobs in government schools. Qualifying TET/CTET is also necessary.
22nd November 2016, 08:17 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

PGT stands for Post Graduate Teacher and TGT as Trained Graduate Teacher the required qualification for recruitment is candidates have to appear and qualify in CTET or State TET.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have pursued B.Ed from any recognised university.

So, you have to pursue B.Ed degree to appear for entrance examination for recruitment as TGT or PGT.

But, for general category candidates the minimum required aggregate to pursue B.Ed course is 50%. So, you will be not eligible for it if you belong to general category.
17th February 2018, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my graduation with 44%from du along with i have done b. Ed course because i have done also post graduation in political science from shobhit university and as well as i have done msw from ignou with 60%now please tell me what i should to do my email id is [email protected]
21st December 2018, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Being a tgt NM in Himachal govt.school ...I want to become PGT maths...is there any departmental test for fast promotion from tgt to PGT
4th March 2020, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

CAN I APPLY FOR TGT with following qualifications,
1. Bsc with Physics Honors (43.5% AS AGGREGATE AND IN HONORS IT IS MORE THAN 50%)
2.Msc Math with 69.4%
3. B.ed with 71%
Please inform on urgent basis
19th April 2020, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

I have done M Com after MBA but in graduation ihave done BSc. Is I m eligible for pgt commerce
My email [email protected]
22nd April 2020, 03:46 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Can I apply for TGT or PGT after B.Sc with 47% marks?

Can I apply for TGT or PGT after B.Sc with 47% marks

No, you could not apply for TGT or PGT, because your degree level marks is below for the basic requirement of B.Ed.
14th August 2020, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/Madam I completed my graduation in 2012 with Geography and sociology. Then completed b.ed in 2019.
But I as my previous graduation combination is not applicable for UP TGT.
So can i do again Graduation with suitable subjects. And it will b valid for UpTGT?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?