27th August 2016, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Sc Biotechnology course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?

I have completed Bsc Biochemistry from Manonmaniam Sundaranar University and wishing to do Msc in Zoology. Am i eligible for doing Msc Zoology.? Can you please provide me the right information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon.

Thankyou
Salim Sachin

Related Questions:
  1. What is the salary for M.Sc Microbiology and M.Sc Biotechnology? What are the different career options after M.Sc Microbiology and M.Sc Biotechnology?
  2. What can I do between MSc Biotechnology and MBA after completing BSc with Biotechnology
  3. Will I get a job in India if I do M.Sc in Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc Biotechonology?
  4. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc(biotechnology), either M.Sc(forensic) or M.Sc(microbiology) or M.Sc(biotechnology)?
  5. Information about MSc Biotechnology? I have completed BSc Biotechnology
  6. How to do MSc biotechnology? I am a student of BSc Biotechnology
  7. After graduating in Biotechnology what can i do between MSc and MBA Biotechnology?
  8. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for M.Sc Biotechnology?
  9. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Should I go for MSc or MBA? I have finished graduation in BSc Biotechnology
  11. Should I go for a job or Msc Biotechnology after passing BSc Biotechnology? What are the chances for job?
  12. Can I join M.Sc in Wildlife after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  13. Can I do M.Sc Biotechnology course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology? -- [New]
  14. Which course is better between M.Sc in Microbiology and M.Sc. in Biotechnology having completed B.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  15. Is it better to do MSc in UK or USA after completing BSc Biotechnology
  16. What should I do after passing BSc Biotechnology between MSc Forensic and MSc Medical Biotechnology
  17. Procedure to study MSc Marine Biotechnology after completing BSc Biotechnology? What is the course fee and the job prospects?
  18. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for MSc agriculture biotechnology in abroad?
27th August 2016, 11:43 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Sc Biotechnology course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?

Manonmaniam Sundaranar University is a university in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It was hived off the Madurai Kamaraj University on September 7, 1990.

Master of Science in Biotechnology is a postgraduate Biotechnology course. The duration of this course is two years. For Master of Science in Biotechnology course candidate must have bachelor degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 50%. As per my knowledge, yes you are eligible to do M.Sc Biotechnology course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology.
28th August 2016, 02:43 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Sc Biotechnology course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?

In order tp pursue M.Sc in Zoology from a recognized university, candidiate must have completed B.Sc in the relevant field from any recoznized institution with minimum 50% to 60% (hons and regular) aggregate marks as well as the same percentage of marks obtained in Zoology. Admission is based through entrance examinations. Provision for admission on merit basis is for those candidates who have completed the B.sc (hons) in Zoology or applied Zoology with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate and in the main subject from a recognized university.

If you want to pursue M.Sc program, you must fulfill the following eligibility crteria:

> B.Sc with Zoology as the main subject with 60% marks.

> B.Sc with Microbiology, Physics, Chemistry, Botany as main subject with 60% marks and Zoology as subsidiary subject and B.Sc Biotechnolgy.

> B.Sc with Zoology or Life Science or Biologcal Sciences or Animal Sciences etc. as principal subjects.

Admission is based on entrance examination and the duration of the program is 2 years.
28th August 2016, 07:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed Bsc Biochemistry from Manonmaniam Sundaranar University and wishing to do Msc in Zoology. Am i eligible for doing Msc Zoology.? Can you please provide me the right information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon.

Thankyou
Salim Sachin
Yes, you are eligible for Masters degree in Biotechnology.

Those candidates who have completed bachelor degree in biotechnology or its equivalent subject are eligible for masters degree in Biotechnology.

Your age should be above 17 years.
28th August 2016, 09:56 PM
veera7385
Junior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to do M.Sc Biotechnology course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology.

The following are the top colleges that offer this course.

1. Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT KGP)
  2. Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee)
  3. Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee)
  4. National Institute of Technology,Warangal
  5. Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
  6. PSG College of Technology
  7. Thapar University
  8. Manipal Institute of Technology, Karnataka
  9. Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)
  10. BMS College of Engineering
  11. National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
  12. Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology

28th August 2016, 11:01 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that after completion of your above mentioned course as there is no such provision for it.

You cannot jump from one specialization to another after your graduation, therefore, i am sorry to say that you cannot opt for M.Sc in Zoology after completion of your B.Sc in Biotechnology rather your could very much opt for M.Sc in the same field you opted for your graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?