27th August 2016, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do M.Tech in Aerospace engineering after completion of B.Tech in Electrical stream?

Can I do M.Tech in aerospace engineering after completion of my b.tech course in electrical stream?
if so which all the subjects I should choose? Can you please give me the complete information soon as possible? Awaiting for the response on the same.

27th August 2016, 10:51 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech in Aerospace engineering after completion of B.Tech in Electrical stream?

M.Tech stands for Master of Technology.

The entrance examination for M.Tech is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is conducted by IIT or IISC.

1. The minimum academic qualification required for M.Tech course is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree in technology or engineering from a recognized university.

Electrical engineering disciplines are not eligible for M.Tech in Aerospace engineering. You can do M.Tech in following streams:

Power Electronics and Drives.

Power System Engineering.

Instrumentation and Control system etc.
28th August 2016, 07:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech in Aerospace engineering after completion of B.Tech in Electrical stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I do M.Tech in aerospace engineering after completion of my b.tech course in electrical stream?
if so which all the subjects I should choose? Can you please give me the complete information soon as possible? Awaiting for the response on the same.
B.Tech in Electrical Engineering candidates are not eligible for M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering.

Those candidates who have completed B.Tech degree in Aerospace Engineering from a recognized university are eligible for M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering.

Your age should be above 17 years.

You must have a valid GATE score.
28th August 2016, 10:58 PM
goyal.com
Senior Member+

For M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering candidate must have passed Bachelor degree in Aerospace Engineering from a recognized university. The minimum percentage required for M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering in your Bachelor degree is 60%. 55% in the case of candidate belonging to reserved category. Also you need to appear in entrance
examination to get admission in M.Tech Aerospace Engineering.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you completed B.Tech in Electrical stream So, you are not eligible to get admission in M.Tech Aerospace Engineering. You are only eligible to get admission in only M.Tech Electrical Engineering.
28th August 2016, 11:34 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible to apply for M.Tech in Aerospace engineering after B.Tech in Electrical stream. The minimum eligibility criteria needed to apply for M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering is B.Tech/B.E in Aerospace engineering / Aeronautical engineering or its relevant specialization from a recognized university. The candidate must appear and qualify in the GRE/GATE entrance exam in order to get admission in reputed university.
28th August 2016, 11:43 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering after completion of your B.Tech in Electrical stream, as there is no such provision for it. You should have completed your B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering in order to get admission in the above mentioned course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?