25th October 2018, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Can I study MA(Economics) after completion of History Honours?

Hello, I am studying History Honours under Lucknow University but I want to change my stream and pursue MA in Economics. I have studied Economics as a General subject during my Graduation. Is this kind of change of stream advisable?

30th October 2018, 01:13 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MA(Economics) after completion of History Honours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am studying History Honours under Lucknow University but I want to change my stream and pursue MA in Economics. I have studied Economics as a General subject during my Graduation. Is this kind of change of stream advisable?

Yes, you can study MA (Economics) after completion of History Honors. Candidates with graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to study an MA (Economics). Some colleges / universities conduct entrance examination for the admission to study an MA (Economics) course. You can study the course in regular or distance mode of education. Duration of the MA (Economics) course is two years. The MA (Economics) course is available in various colleges in India.
31st October 2018, 07:02 AM
mayank1610

It will be more difficult for you as you will not know the concepts which were in syllabus of degree course. So, think wisely before changing it.
31st October 2018, 03:44 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, You can study MA (Economics) after completing History Honours.

Eligibility criteria to study MA (Economics) are as follows:-
Candidate must have done Graduation in any stream with at least 55% aggregate from a recognised University.
Some colleges may conduct entrance examination to provide admission in PG course.
1st November 2018, 01:57 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study MA(Economics) after completion of History Honours. Basic educational qualification required to pursue MA(Economics) is pass in Bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university. However many Universities/colleges requires Bachelor's degree with Honors in Economics or Economics as one of the subjects studied in Graduation to study MA(Economics).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?