31st December 2015, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I study M.A.(History) after completion of English Honours?

Hello,
I am studying English Honours under Punjab University but I want to change my stream and pursue M.A. in History. I have studied History as a general subject during my Graduation. Is this kind of change of stream advisable?

Related Questions:
7th January 2016, 12:57 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study M.A.(History) after completion of English Honours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am studying English Honours under Punjab University but I want to change my stream and pursue M.A. in History. I have studied History as a general subject during my Graduation. Is this kind of change of stream advisable?
In many universities the eligibility to study M.A in History is a graduation in History or History as one of the subjects in the graduation from a recognised university.

But in some universities the eligibility to study M.A in History is a Bachelor’s Degree. The duration of the course is 2 years. The aspirant can study the course in universities like

But it is always advisable to study the same subject, so that you can pursue your career in the same line.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?