6th February 2023, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Master of Fine Arts with 47.4% in BA(Philosophy)?

Dear Sir/Madam, I want to pursue my Master of Fine Arts. But I have done BA(Philosophy) from Allahabad University with 47.4% marks. So can I study this MFA course or not? Please tell me asap. Waiting for your response!

9th February 2023, 10:09 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Master of Fine Arts with 47.4% in BA(Philosophy)?

Eligibility Criteria required to study Master of Fine Arts course:

The basic minimum educational qualification required to study Master of Fine Arts course is given below:

Name of the Course - Master of Fine Arts (MFA)

>> In order to pursue this course, candidates must have completed Bachelor of Fine Arts course or its equivalent educational qualification from a recognized university or institute.

>> The minimum percentage candidates should score in Bachelor's Degree should be 50% marks.

>> But some of the college allow candidates to have 45% to 50% marks in Graduation. Hence, I suggest you to contact the concerned college for more details of admission criteria and proceed accordingly. Sometimes you are required to appear and qualify the entrance examination conducted by the respective college for getting admission.
9th February 2023, 02:25 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

For , Master of Fine Arts , candidates must have a BFA degree from a recognised university with minimum 50%marks.

So, it's not possible the students of BA(Philosophy) to study Master of Fine Arts.
10th February 2023, 03:41 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria for the course is bachelor's degree in fine arts with atleast 55% marks or equivalent from a recognised board.
Admission to the course is based on candidates performance in relevant entrance exam and subsequent rounds.

The average annual fee of the course ranges between INR 4000 to INR 2 lacs for two years.

Thus without doing BFA , admission in MFA is not possible.
18th February 2023, 11:21 AM
Antonio 2023

Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in a related field, typically fine arts, visual arts, design, or related disciplines. The minimum required percentage can vary from institution to institution.

Many MFA programs in India require applicants to take an entrance exam to demonstrate their creative abilities and potential. The exam may include a written test, a practical test, or both.

With BA (Philosophy), it may be difficult to meet the minimum requirement for admission to an MFA program. However, some institutions may take into account other factors such as work experience, portfolio, or personal statement when making admission decisions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?