15th February 2016, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Career opportunities in Public and Private sectors after M.Sc(Food Science) course? Should I study this course in ICAR accredited college being an Agriculture graduate? Top colleges for this course?

Hello Sir,
Please tell me what is the scope of M.Sc in Food Science? What are the career opportunities after PG? At public, private sector & can I do start my own business after this? What are the top colleges which offer M.Sc in Food Science? I have completed B.Sc in Agriculture, which is the best one for me? Should I take admission in ICAR accredited colleges only, or other colleges, other than ICAR?

6th March 2023, 01:49 PM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: Career opportunities in Public and Private sectors after M.Sc(Food Science) course? Should I study this course in ICAR accredited college being an Agriculture graduate? Top colleges for this course?

M.Sc in Food Science is a promising course for those who are interested in the food industry. After completing this course, you can work in various fields such as food processing industries, research and development organizations, food quality control laboratories, government food departments, and more. You can also start your own food-related business such as a bakery, restaurant, or food processing unit.

In the public sector, you can find job opportunities in organizations like FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India), ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research), NIFTEM (National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management), and more. In the private sector, you can work in food processing companies like Nestle, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and others. You can also work in research and development organizations such as CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) and more.

If you are interested in pursuing M.Sc in Food Science, it is recommended to study in an ICAR accredited college as it ensures the quality of education and facilities. Some of the top colleges offering this course in India are:
  • National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
  • Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore
  • Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
  • University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore
  • Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur
  • Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
  • Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
In terms of the specialization, you can choose from various options such as food chemistry, food microbiology, food processing, food engineering, and more. It is recommended to choose the specialization based on your interests and career goals.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?