11th February 2018, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Which course should I prefer, M.Sc microbiology or M.Sc zoology?

I have done B.Sc in zoology and chemistry. So, now should I take admission in M.Sc microbiology or M.Sc Zoology in my case is M.Sc microbiology will valid.

Related Questions:
  1. Previous year question paper of entrance exam for admission in M.Sc. in Microbiology after B.Sc.(H) in Zoology
  2. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc in MLT, either M.Sc(medical microbiology), M.Sc(clinical microbiology), M.Sc(microbiology)? List of universities offers these courses?
  3. How to do MSc Zoology or MSc Biotechnology after completing graduation in Zoology
  4. Which one has a better scope between MSC microbiology/MSC biochemistry/MSC biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What is the syllabus for the entrance exam for MSc Microbiology?
  6. What are the job prospects after MSc in Zoology or MSc in Biochemistry
  7. Which is best masters degree to do after completion of M.Sc in Zoology?
  8. In which subject should I complete my MSc after finishing BSc with Chemistry/Zoology/Microbiology subjects?
  9. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology?
  10. Is MSc Microbiology equivalent to MSc Zoology?
  11. Which course should I take in MSc Medical Microbiology, MSc Clinical Microbiology and MSc Microbiology? Difference between the three?
  12. Career based courses for MSc related to Zoology? How good is Biotechnology or Microbiology field?
  13. If someone completes M.Sc MLT, then is he eligible to Ph.D in microbiology? -- [New]
  14. How to do Ph.D in Microbiology after completing MSc Microbiology?
  15. Which course is best in M.Sc?
  16. Which has more scope between M.Sc zoology and M.Sc Botany?
  17. Information about MSc Zoology? What is the eligibility?
  18. List of open universities which provide MSc Biotechnology or other Zoology related subjects? What is the admission procedure for it?
12th February 2018, 12:12 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I prefer, M.Sc microbiology or M.Sc zoology?

Since, you have completed your B.Sc course with Zoology as a subject in it, I would prefer you to opt for the M.Sc course in Zoology only. This will enhance your knowledge in the respective subject. You can further apply for higher studies in that particular subject or can apply for various jobs based on Masters degree qualification.
You must have scored a minimum of 50% of marks in your B.Sc course in order to apply for the M.Sc course in Zoology.
12th February 2018, 02:40 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I prefer, M.Sc microbiology or M.Sc zoology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done B.Sc in zoology and chemistry. So, now should I take admission in M.Sc microbiology or M.Sc Zoology in my case is M.Sc microbiology will valid.

You can choose MSc Microbiology over MSc Zoology after completion of BSc. The scope for the MSc Microbiology is higher compared to MSc Zoology. Many companies have their microbiology department separately. You can find jobs in medical laboratories, pharmaceutical companies, teaching institutions, medical coding companies, BPOs, etc. after completion of MSc Microbiology course. Microbiology is used in various fields like medicine, pharmacy, dairy industry, water industry, agriculture, clinical research and nanotechnology. Hence, you can pursue MSc Microbiology course after completion of BSc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?