6th September 2022, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Are final year PG students eligible for NET?

I am a student of I.G.N.O.U. I am doing my post graduation in economics..I am a pass graduate. I get 55% marks in my 1st year..now I am in 2nd year..can I eligible for the net exam before complete my post graduation?

9th September 2022, 11:57 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are final year PG students eligible for NET?

Yes. You are eligible for the NET exam being a final year PG student.

The minimum eligibility criteria to sit for the NET exam is that candidate must have completed a post-graduate degree with 55% marks or above in aggregate from the recognized university or Institute.
9th September 2022, 12:15 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates appearing in or awaiting results for their final year examination for a master's degree are eligible to apply for the UGC NET examination. However such candidates are admitted provisionally and considered eligible only when they pass their master's examination with the required percentage. A candidate must complete their PG degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with the required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
10th September 2022, 02:02 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes you can apply for UGC NET Exam in your final year of post graduation degree.

The UGC NET Exam is held twice a year and candidates who have completed the post graduation degree are allowed to apply for UGC NET Exam. Although, the final year candidates can also apply for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?