9th July 2015, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

How much percentage required in graduation for getting a good job in Income tax?

Please say me . How much percentage required in graduation for getting a good post in income tax. Is graduation marks complusory to get a post

12th July 2015, 01:56 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much percentage required in graduation for getting a good job in Income tax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please say me . How much percentage required in graduation for getting a good post in income tax. Is graduation marks complusory to get a post
To join in the post of Income Tax officer, there are certain qualification which you need to possess including:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational qualification

-> The nationality standard needed is Citizenship in India

-> Age limit needed is 18-27 years for general category and there are relaxation for other category.

-> For SC/ST it is extra 5 years and for OBC it is 3 years extra.

-> Regarding the educational qualification candidate need to have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university.

-> Even final year appearing candidate can apply for the exam.

If you satisfy them all the you can apply for the Income Tax officer post.

Candidates are selected through:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personality Test
12th July 2015, 05:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much percentage required in graduation for getting a good job in Income tax?

Most of the government job are available through competitive exam and your graduation marks are not counted for selection. You need only 50% marks to become eligible for most of the government job exams.

For income tax posts you have to apply for SSC CGL exam which is conducted by staff selection commission and you need graduation in any discipline from a recognized university to become eligible for it.
12th July 2015, 06:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Generally to be eligible for applying for Income Tax Department jobs, the basic educational qualification required is "Graduate Degree" or any Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. As far as my best knowledge is concerned, there is NO certain minimum percentage is required in order to be eligible for applying for Income Tax Department jobs. For instance, to become Income Tax officer or Inspector in Income Tax Department, you are required to write CGL (Combined Graduate Level) Examination which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission. So the basic eligibility criteria you are required to meet in order to be eligible is, "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree PASS from a recognized university and there is no minimum percentage is required. But to be in safe side, the minimum percentage required in Graduation is "60% marks" or above. No, the entire selection of a candidate to get job in Income Tax department basically depends on the marks secured him/ her in the CGL Examination Selection process, i.e., marks secured in Tier 1, Tier 2 and Interview combined together. Hence, Graduation marks are not taken into consideration to get post in Income Tax Department.
13th July 2015, 01:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To become an income tax officer, you should qualify in SSC CGL 2015 exam. So if you once successfully complete SSC CGL Tier I and II exam and interview exam then you are eligible for Income Tax Officer post.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree to become a income tax officer exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST , it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years.
11th June 2020, 06:49 AM
Unregistered

My question is that, I have score 78% in 10th and 55% in 12th class. I also secured in graduation in 1 year,52%, in 2 year I appearing.my interest is on Math subject but I got less marks in math.what I do.should I leave math.or graduation % is important
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?