15th March 2015, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria asked for Government job which based on income tax department?

What is the eligibility criteria asked for Government job which based on income tax department? I am really looking forward to get the job, so can you please help me in this soon? Thank you.

15th March 2015, 07:24 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria asked for Government job which based on income tax department?

Eligibility Criteria required to get Income Tax Department job:

Educational Qualification Required: To be eligible for getting Income Tax Department jobs, the minimum educational qualification required is "Bachelor Degree in Any Discipline" or Graduation from a recognized university. If you have completed Graduation, you will be eligible for Income Tax Department based government jobs.

Age Criteria:

Minimum age required: 18 years

Maximum age required: 27 years

I suggest you to write "CGL" (Combined Graduate Level) Examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission to get job in Income Tax Department. SSC CGL 2015 Notification will be released soon either in the month of March 2015 or in April 2015.
31st March 2015, 01:31 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria asked for Government job which based on income tax department?

To get a Job like Income Tax officer or Income Tax assistant you should have to write a Competitive examination under Staff Selection Commission. There are two ways to enter in to the Income tax department through SSC.

1.SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level Examination )

2.SSC CHSL

Through CGL you could become a Income tax Officer and through CHSL you could become a Income Tax Assistant.

For CGL you should have completed the graduation in any stream from the recognized university and for CHSL you must have completes the 10+2 as your qualification.
31st March 2015, 08:39 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

There are two types of Income Tax Department in India which are :

Central Government's Income Tax Department.

State Government's Income Tax Department.

To get job in Central Government's Income Tax Department, you have to enter through three ways which are following :

01. UPSC Indian Civil Service Examination : Apply for this examination and qualify preliminary, mains exam and interview process and your preference should be given to Income Tax/Revenue Department then you will become IAS Officer in Income Tax Department.

02. SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination : This examination is conducted every year by SSC board for Income Tax Inspector and Tax Assistant Post and to become Inspector, you have to pass Prelims, Mains and Interview process.

To become Tax Assistant, you need to crack prelims, mains exam then typing test on computer therefore you have to work hard to qualify this examination.

03. SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination : For LDC and DEO post in Income Tax Department, you can enter through this examination as well by preferring this department as your first choice.

Other ways to enter income tax department are that local state governments conduct written test for Tax Assistant and Inspector post in state level Income Tax Department and you can apply for those exams and qualify then become employee of income tax department.
21st October 2016, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a job in income tax department after post graduation?
12th May 2017, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

I am 33 year old women. I have done b.Com and MBA with finance & marketing in 2006. My husband state govt employee. Can I apply for income tax officer. I belong to school category.
Thanks
2nd June 2019, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

I am doing 12th with stream of computer science.can I take computer for graduation for income tax officer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?