22nd October 2018, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to pursue MPhil to study PhD in Mathematics?

Hello friends, I am interested to do PhD in Mathematics. I did my MSc in Mathematics. I want to know that for PhD I have to study MPhil. So, suggest me with your advice. Waiting for your response. Thank you!

26th October 2018, 10:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to pursue MPhil to study PhD in Mathematics?

MPhil is not compulsory to pursue Ph.D in Mathematics. You can get admission merely on the basis of your masters degree in maths with minimum 55% marks and a performance in entrance exam.

Those who have MPhil qualification, are exempted from PhD entrance exam and they are directly eligible to the interview stage for admission.
27th October 2018, 12:07 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to pursue MPhil to study PhD in Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends, I am interested to do PhD in Mathematics. I did my MSc in Mathematics. I want to know that for PhD I have to study MPhil. So, suggest me with your advice. Waiting for your response. Thank you!

No, it is not mandatory to pursue MPhil to study PhD in Mathematics. Those candidates who have obtained a Master’s Degree in Mathematics with at least 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible to study PhD in Mathematics. They have to appear for the entrance examination and interview for the admission to study PhD in Mathematics. Those who have qualified NET/SET/GATE/MPhil are exempted from appearing in the entrance examination. The above given is the common admission procedure to study PhD in Mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?