5th May 2019, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

MPhil is mandatory to study PhD for Botany postgraduate?

Hello friends, I did my MSc in Botany from Delhi University. I am fond of doing PhD in Botany. But many of my friends are telling me that MPhil is must to do before PhD. So, is it true? Kindly let me know about this immediately.

9th May 2019, 01:02 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MPhil is mandatory to study PhD for Botany postgraduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends, I did my MSc in Botany from Delhi University. I am fond of doing PhD in Botany. But many of my friends are telling me that MPhil is must to do before PhD. So, is it true? Kindly let me know about this immediately.

No, MPhil degree is not mandatory to pursue PhD in Botany. Eligibility to pursue PhD Botany is as follows: Candidates who have obtained a Master’s Degree or its equivalent degree in Botany or allied subjects with minimum 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST candidates) from a recognized university. Admission to pursue PhD Botany is done on the basis of candidates’ performance in the Entrance Test and Interview. Therefore, one can pursue PhD Botany without an MPhil degree also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?