1st March 2018, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study Organic Chemistry in M.Sc for B.Sc(Chemistry) student?

Sir, Is Organic Chemistry taught in Post Graduation? I have taken Chemistry in B.Sc and want to study only Organic Chemistry because I want to do research in Organic Chemistry. So, is Organic Chemistry possible for me in M.Sc?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study PhD(Organic Chemistry) if pursue MSc in Chemistry?
  2. Possibility to study MSc(Organic Chemistry) in Aligarh Muslim University for a candidate who has completed BSc(Chemistry) from IGNOU? -- [New]
  3. Possibility to study PhD in Organic Chemistry without appearing in UGC-NET for M.Phil postgraduate?
  4. List of colleges offering MSc(Organic Chemistry) course in Hyderabad -- [New]
  5. Study material for MSc organic chemistry?
  6. Possibility to study distance PhD in Chemistry for Organic Chemistry postgraduate?
  7. Requirements and eligibility to study Ph.D in Germany after MSc in Organic Chemistry? List of institutes in Germany?
  8. How to do Ph.d in Chemistry after scoring 54% marks in MSc Organic Chemistry?
  9. Which are the government jobs after doing MSc Organic Chemistry?
  10. Want to make a career related to organic chemistry. How to proceed?
  11. Best Chemistry book for GATE 2016
  12. List of pharma companies in Vizag? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Possibility to study B.Sc in Actuarial Science if completed M.Sc(Organic Chemistry) and PGDM in HR?
  14. Is it beneficial to study MSc(Organic Chemistry) for BSc(Chemistry) student?
  15. Possibility to do Part Time PhD for Organic Chemistry postgraduate?
  16. What is the eligibility criteria for Ph.D in Organic Chemistry? List of the institutes? I am a 2nd year student of MSc Applied Chemistry of Ramkrishna Vidyamandira
  17. Can I study PhD in Organic Chemistry with UGC-JRF certificate if completed M.Sc in Physical Chemistry?
  18. How to pursue masters in Chemistry after completing BSc in chemsitry from DU? What is the minimum marks required to get into MSc? What is the scope of MSc in Organic Chemistry?
12th March 2018, 01:23 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Organic Chemistry in M.Sc for B.Sc(Chemistry) student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, Is Organic Chemistry taught in Post Graduation? I have taken Chemistry in B.Sc and want to study only Organic Chemistry because I want to do research in Organic Chemistry. So, is Organic Chemistry possible for me in M.Sc?

Possibility to study MSc Organic Chemistry is high for the BSc Chemistry students. Candidates with BSc Chemistry from any recognized university are eligible to apply for the MSc Organic Chemistry. Some colleges or universities conduct an entrance examination for the admission to the MSc Organic Chemistry course. Duration of the course is two years. Some of the colleges offering the MSc Organic Chemistry are given below:

Mangalore University - Official Website

University of Madras - Official Website

University of Mumbai - Official Website

Vel’s University - Official Website
12th March 2018, 04:37 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Organic Chemistry in M.Sc for B.Sc(Chemistry) student?

I am very much happy to tell you that definitely you can opt for M.Sc in Organic Chemistry after the completion of B.Sc in Chemistry as there is a provision for Organic Chemistry in Masters degree.
Candidates those who have completed their B.Sc studying Chemistry as a subject from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it can definitely apply for M.Sc in Organic Chemistry.
Admission is based on the marks scored in the entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?