31st December 2015, 07:18 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do M.Tech in Mathematics after studying Computer Science in B.Tech degree?

I am pursuing my B.Tech in Computer Science (currently 3rd year) from a private college ( Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida ). I have resolved now that the only subject i am interested in is maths and so i want a make career in teaching mathematics. So is it possible to do M.tech in mathematics?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

31st December 2015, 10:15 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do M.Tech in Mathematics after studying Computer Science in B.Tech degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am pursuing my B.Tech in Computer Science (currently 3rd year) from a private college ( Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida ). I have resolved now that the only subject i am interested in is maths and so i want a make career in teaching mathematics. So is it possible to do M.tech in mathematics?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
After completion of B.Tech degree in Computer Science, you can apply for M.Tech course in Mathematics but you must have valid GATE score.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
31st December 2015, 10:47 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do M.Tech in Mathematics after studying Computer Science in B.Tech degree?

I am extremely sorry to state that you are not eligible to pursue post graduation in Mathematics since you do not satisfy the basic eligibility criteria of post graduation in Mathematics which states that you should be a graduate in Mathematics or related fields. However, you can opt for engineering mathematics at your M.Tech level by appearing in GATE and clearing Engineering Mathematics paper in GATE. Then you can seek admission in any college across India for M.Tech in Engineering Mathematics.
31st December 2015, 11:17 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

The minimum eligibility for applying M.Tech in Mathematics is Bachelor degree with Mathematics subject (Plus Two) from the reputed university. Most of the universities demand at least 60% in the qualifying exam; it is subjected to the university/institution applying for. The selection process is depending upon the Entrance test and the followed by personal interview along with group discussion. So, if you have studied Mathematics subject then definitely you are eligible to apply for M.Tech in Mathematics course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?