31st December 2015, 07:18 AM
Unregistered

Is Mathematics necessary for doing CA in future? Is there any option of Mathematics?

Sir,

I am studying in class 11th commerce and want to do CA. But I haven't taken Mathematics as I don't like it. So tell me if it is necessary to study mathematics for doing CA. Also tell me if there is any option for Mathematics?

31st December 2015, 03:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Mathematics necessary for doing CA in future? Is there any option of Mathematics?

CA stands for Chartered Accountancy. There are three levels of this course.

1. Common Proficiency Test.

2. Integrated Professional Competence Course.

3. Final course.

No, mathematics is not so much compulsory but you must have some basic knowledge so that you can solve questions in Aptitude paper of CPT. CPT is conducted twice every year by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and consists of questions from:

1. Mercantile law.

2. Aptitude.

3. Economics.

4. Accountancy.

So, you must have basic knowledge upto 10th level of mathematics to crack CPT paper without clearing which you can not proceed in CA course.
31st December 2015, 05:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Mathematics necessary for doing CA in future? Is there any option of Mathematics?

No need to worry if you haven't opted for maths. For CA course any stream students can get registered. Just get yourself registered for CPT and be prepared for it. You have to qualify these exams through your own self studies or any coaching etc.

After qualifying CA CPT you will become eligible for IPCC . Therefore, don't worry about maths and prepared according to the syllabus of CA CPT.
31st December 2015, 09:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The elementary knowledge of mathematics is necessary to crack Common Proficiency test because without clearing CPT exam you can get enrolled in this Chartered Accountancy course. In CPT, one section of questions from aptitude contains basic mathematics questions, which you can solve if you have studied mathematics upto class tenth.

Just solve R.S Aggarwal Mathematics Aptitude book to clear CPT. Other than this focus on your core subject like mercantile law, economics, aptitude and fundamentals of accountancy.

Overall, a candidate must score at least 50% aggregate and 30% in each section of CPT exam.
31st December 2015, 11:04 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

I am studying in class 11th commerce and want to do CA. But I haven't taken Mathematics as I don't like it. So tell me if it is necessary to study mathematics for doing CA. Also tell me if there is any option for Mathematics?
Mathematics subject is not necessary for the Chartered Accountant course. However, those who studied Mathematics subject can complete the Chartered Accountant course without much difficulty. So, it is always recommended to gain Mathematics subject knowledge to complete the Chartered Accountant course. 12th standard is the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for Foundation course.
31st December 2015, 11:28 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Common Proficiency Test of Chartered Accountancy course has questions from Mathematics in aptitude section. So if you want to crack aptitude section, you must know basics of mathematics like profit loss, simple interest, compound interest, boats, streams, trains etc.

It is not necessary to study mathematics in 10+2 but basic knowledge is necessary to crack this test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?