29th May 2015, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do masters in Biotechnology after B.Sc. in Zoology?

i am a student of mumbai university and will receive my Bsc result in a few months. I did my bsc in plain zoology. Now i wish to do my masters in biotechnology, is it possible to do masters in biotechnology after bsc in zoology.

Related Questions:
  1. Which is the best branch of biotechnology? I am pursuing BSc in Zoology with Biotechnology
  2. Is it mandatory to study Psychology in Graduation for masters in Psychology after B.Sc with Biotechnology, Zoology and Chemistry?
  3. Should I go for BSc Biotechnology or B.Tech Biotechnology?
  4. Can I get admission in MSc Biotechnology after doing BSc in Zoology Hons
  5. How to do masters in medical biotechnology? I am a student of BSc Biotech
  6. How to do MSc in Biotechnology? I have done BSc Zoology hons from DU
  7. Can I be eligible for MSc Biotechnology after studying BSc with Botany and Chemistry and Zoology?
  8. What should I do after BSc(H) in Zoology?
  9. List of open universities which provide MSc Biotechnology or other Zoology related subjects? What is the admission procedure for it?
  10. Can I do Msc in microbiology after Bsc in zoology? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Is it possible to do Masters in Environmental Science or in Health Administration having completed my B.Sc. in Zoology?
  12. Am I eligible for lateral entry in MBBS after passing BSc Biotechnology, Zoology and Chemistry? Procedure for it?
  13. What courses are provided in IIT JAM after doing BSc(H) with Zoology
  14. Which course I can take for doing M.Sc course after B.Sc in Biotechnology? M.Sc in Clinical research or M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  15. Which Masters course can I apply for after completion of B.Sc with 48% in Botany and Zoology?
  16. Whether pursuing M.Sc through correspondence is valuable for B.Sc(Advanced Zoology & Biotechnology) student?
  17. What shall I study after BSc advanced zoology and biotechnology?
  18. Institutes offering Masters in Medical Biotechnology and other streams of Biotechnology?
29th May 2015, 02:37 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do masters in Biotechnology after B.Sc. in Zoology?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the masters in biotechnology course.

Candidate should have completed his graduation in subjects like Zoology, Biotechnology, Bio chemistry, Botany with atleast 55% marks from a recognized institute/ university.

The course is of 2 years duration.
29th May 2015, 07:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do masters in Biotechnology after B.Sc. in Zoology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a student of mumbai university and will receive my Bsc result in a few months. I did my bsc in plain zoology. Now i wish to do my masters in biotechnology, is it possible to do masters in biotechnology after bsc in zoology.
Yes, you are eligible for Masters degree in Biotechnology because you have completed B.Sc degree in Zoology.

Those candidates who have completed bachelor degree in biotechnology or its equivalent subject are eligible for masters degree in Biotechnology.

Your age should be above 17 years.
29th May 2015, 08:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Normally, most of the universities ask for a Life Science Graduate for M.Sc Biotechnology course. There is no need to worry as you have the qualification in Zoology which is a life science subject. Hence, you are eligible for this course without any doubt. You can apply for exams like GATE also for life sciences subject which will help you to get admission in IITs.

Admission in most of the top colleges is based on the interview conducted by the university concerned. You can certainly apply for those exams when the notification is released. The minimum requirement for becoming eligible is 50% marks in the Bachelor's degree from a recognized University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?