6th March 2023, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Should I choose to do MA or MEd? Which degree will add more weightage to my career and CV ?

I have done my BEd . For a better career career opportunity in the teaching industry,should I choose to do MA or MEd? Which degree will add more weightage to my career and CV ?

6th March 2023, 01:19 PM
AddisonRae

Default Re: Should I choose to do MA or MEd? Which degree will add more weightage to my career and CV ?

It depends on your career goals and aspirations.

If you are interested in advancing your knowledge in a specific subject area and potentially teaching at a higher level, then pursuing a Master's degree in that subject area (MA) may be the better option.

On the other hand, if you are interested in developing your teaching skills and knowledge in education, then a Master's degree in Education (MEd) may be more appropriate. It will provide you with a deeper understanding of teaching and learning processes, curriculum development, assessment strategies, and educational leadership.

Both degrees can add weightage to your career and CV, but the choice depends on your goals and what you want to achieve in your career.
7th March 2023, 11:32 AM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I choose to do MA or MEd? Which degree will add more weightage to my career and CV ?

It's good to do MEd after BEd.

MA deals with advanced teaching in theoretical subjects whereas MEd focuses on the practical aspect of teaching.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?