31st March 2015, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in GATE to study M.Tech(CSE) in Punjab Technical University?

Hello everyone,
I have done B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering
from Punjab Technical University.
Now I want to do M.Tech in same field.
So, I have to give GATE if I want to get admission
in the same university?

Related Questions:
  1. In which college can I get scholarship in M.Tech in Punjab? I have secured 33.34 marks in GATE
  2. How to do MBA in HR punjab technical university
  3. How to enroll myself in Punjab Technical University Jalandhar through distance learning in BBA course?
  4. Career opportunities in Air Force? I am pursuing my B.Tech from Punjab Technical University
  5. How can I apply for PCS after doing BSc from Punjab Technical University?
  6. Which colleges can I get after scoring 3.34 marks in GATE? Can I get admission in PEC, Chandigarh or Punjab University?
  7. From where can I get the assignment of Punjab Technical University MBA 1st semester?
  8. When will the form of Punjab Technical University come? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Which is the best university between Kurukshetra University and Punjab Technical University?
  10. List of colleges of DU offering courses in commerce, Science and Humanities?
  11. List and details of colleges offering courses in Medical and Commerce?
  12. Admission under fee waiver scheme of Punjab Technical University?
  13. Which are the different competitive exams after passing 12th standard?
  14. How can I do M.A private from Punjab University?
  15. Punjab Technical University BBA 1st Semester Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Can I apply for MCA in Rajabazar Science College after completing BCA course from Punjab Technical University
  17. Can I change college and university from Punjab Technical University to Vishweshwarya Technological University?
  18. Am I eligible to get admission for MCA after completing BCA from Punjab Technical University
7th April 2015, 12:08 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I have to appear in GATE to study M.Tech(CSE) in Punjab Technical University?

Yes of course, you have to appear for GATE entrance examination. GATE i.e Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Examination is conducted by IIT once in a year. This year GATE examination has been already over. Actually GATE examination is conducted for admission to M.Tech course in IIT's Only. But many reputed institution admission will be based on GATE score and some other universities will be conducted separately for admission to M.Tech course. Coming to your university, the majority of admission will be based GATE score only. Admission to M.Tech course in your university for 85% seats of resident of Punjab and 15% seats of outsiders will be made strictly on the basis of the valid for GATE Examination. In case seats have not filled under the respective categories, M.Tech admission will be made on merit and followed by GATE score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?