6th March 2015, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to apply for CLAT to study LLM after completing LLB?

Sir,
This is my last semester of LLB and
I want to to LLM. Kindly tell me for joining
LLM again I have to give CLAT?
Kindly tell me about this immediately.

7th March 2015, 06:27 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to apply for CLAT to study LLM after completing LLB?

Yes, you are required to apply for CLAT (Common Law Aptitude Test) Exam being an LLB Graduate to pursue LLM (Master of Law) course. If you wish to do LLM course in "National Law Universities", you are required to apply for CLAT Exam. This Common Law Admission Test is an All India Entrance Examination conducted on rotation basis by 16 National law Universities for admission into LLM programme.

Educational qualification required for CLAT PG Programme:

>> Candidate must have obtained an LLB (Or) Five year integrated LLB (Or) any other equivalent degree in Law from a recognized university.

>> Since you are in last semester of LLB, you are of course eligible to apply for CLAT Entrance Examination. Remember, to be eligible for this CLAT Exam you must have secured minimum 55% marks in qualifying degree.

>> There is no particular maximum age limit for LLM (CLAT PG Programme)

Click here for more CLAT 2015 Details
21st December 2018, 02:29 PM
iamAaliya

Default Re: Should I have to apply for CLAT to study LLM after completing LLB?

The Eligibility Criteria for LL. M. is Pass with 50% aggregate marks in LL.B. Subject to valid score in entrance exam followed by an interview. CLAT AILET ISAT, NEST is the exams through you can take admission. Generally, universities offering LL. M. course conducts an Entrance Test for admission to the programme. The application forms for this course are available in the month of April-May every year. You can consider below-written options for doing LL. M. National Law University, Jodhpur, ILS LAW COLLEGE - PUNE, National Law School of India University, Bangalore, Gujarat National Law University, School of Law- LOVELY PROFESSIONAL UNIVERSITY - JALANDHAR, THE WEST BENGAL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF JURIDICAL SCIENCES -KOLKATA, THE NATIONAL LAW INSTITUTE UNIVERSITY - BHOPAL, FACULTY OF LAW, BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY, VARANASI, FACULTY OF LAW-UNIVERSITY OF DELHI, NEW DELHI, NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY - NEW DELHI, MS Ramaiah College of Law- Bangalore, Christ University-Bangalore, NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?