2nd February 2015, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in CLAT LLM for B.Tech(ECE) student?

Hello
i am pursuing B.Tech(ECE) and i am interested
in doing my post graduation in law.
What is the eligibility criteria for appearing in LLM entrance exam?
Am i eligible to appear in LLM entrance exam conducted by CLAT?

2nd February 2015, 09:58 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in CLAT LLM for B.Tech(ECE) student?

You have mentioned that you are pursuing B.Tech (ECE), but you did not mention in which year are you presently in ? You are eligible to apply for CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) LLB course only when you are presently pursuing Final Year of B.Tech (ECE). Otherwise, you are not eligible to appear for this year CLAT (LLB) Examination.

CLAT Undergraduate Programme:

Courses offered: B.A LL.B (Hons), B.Sc LL.B (Hons.), B.B.A LL.B (Hons.), B.S.W. LL.B (Hons.), B.Com LL.B (Hons) Degrees

CLAT Post Graduate Programme:

Courses Offered: LLM Degree

Important Note: To be eligible for LLM course, you must have completed LLB course or 5 year Integrated LLB course or any other equivalent degree. But having B.Tech as an educational qualification you are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for LLM course. But if you are pursuing Final year B.Tech (ECE) you are eligible to apply for LLB course not for LLM course.

LLB - Bachelor of Law (Graduation in any discipline is required to be eligible)

LLM - Master of Law (LLB/ 5 year LLB is required to be eligible)

Eligibility Criteria required to do LLM:

>> You must have obtained LLB or 5 year integrated LLB or any other equivalent degree in Law from a recognized university to be eligible. And the minimum percentage you must have obtained is 55% to be eligible.

Click here for Detailed Explanation
2nd February 2015, 10:08 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

CLAT - Common Law Admission Test.

ELIGIBILITY :

Educational Qualifications :

* Candidate should have passed the 12th class Examination in any stream from a recognized board of education.

* Candidate who want to appear for LLM entrance exam must have completed the five year integrated LLB course with at least 55% marks.

* The final year students can also appear for the exam.
2nd February 2015, 10:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
You have completed B.Tech in ECE so you are not eligible for LLM course which is conducted CLAT exam.

CLAT is stands for Common Law Admission Test.

If you have completed LLB course from recognized board with above 55% marks then you are eligible for CLAT exam for LLM admission.

Best books for CLAT exam

Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)
by Student Aid Publications
Publisher: Student Aid Publications

CLAT 2013 Common Law Admission Test
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CLAT: Common Law Admission Test
by Lal, Misra
Publisher: Upkar Prakasan
3rd February 2015, 12:01 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
Sorry that you are not eligible for CLAT LLM after completing B. Tech. An applicant must be an LLB Graduate to be eligible for the CLAT LLM exam. Those candidates who are interested to appear in a CLAT LLM exam must satisfy the below criteria,

Eligibility for CLAT Post-Graduate Course:

-> Candidates with LL.B/B.L. course (or) an equivalent degree from a recognized University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university are eligible and 50% in case of SC/ST /OBC and persons with Disability

-> Candidates who have appeared in the qualifying degree examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test.

For more Information, please visit here - clat.ac.in
22nd August 2017, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Right now I am pursuing my B.tech 4th year in CSE can I eligible for doing LLB in any national university through CLAT.
29th December 2019, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Right now I m in final year in b.tech mechanical engineering can I eligible for pg course in clat
31st May 2023, 10:51 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

The eligibility criteria for CLAT LLM (Common Law Admission Test for Master of Laws) can vary slightly depending on the conducting authority and the specific year's notification. However, typically, the eligibility criteria for CLAT LLM are as follows:

Educational Qualification: To apply for CLAT LLM, you must have completed an LLB degree or an equivalent law degree from a recognized university or institution.

Minimum Percentage: Most institutions require a minimum percentage in the LLB degree, which is generally around 50% or above. However, the specific minimum percentage requirement can vary among participating universities.

Based on these eligibility criteria, being a B.Tech (ECE) student, you may not meet the educational qualification requirement for CLAT LLM. CLAT LLM is primarily designed for law graduates who have completed their LLB or equivalent law degree.

If you are interested in pursuing a career in law, you may consider pursuing a three-year LLB program after completing your B.Tech degree. After completing the LLB program, you would become eligible to apply for CLAT LLM and other postgraduate law programs.

It's important to note that eligibility criteria can change from year to year, and it's always advisable to refer to the official notification or the website of the conducting authority for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding eligibility requirements for CLAT LLM or any other entrance exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?