10th August 2015, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

From when should I start preparation of GATE being a B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) 2nd year student? Download syllabus and e-books for preparation?

Hello,
I am a student of B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) 2nd year. Can you please tell me when is the right time to start GATE preparation? Also give me the link where I can get the latest syllabus of GATE? What are the e-books to study for GATE?

12th August 2015, 04:51 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: From when should I start preparation of GATE being a B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) 2nd year student? Download syllabus and e-books for preparation?

The difficulty level of Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering is good. So it requires good conceptual knowledge to clear the entrance test. A candidate must start his preparation for the GATE exam right from second year of engineering because the core subjects are taught from second year of engineering.

If you prepare for the GATE exam from second year with good concepts of subjects like Electrical Machines, Power system, Network analysis etc, you can even crack this exam with self preparation. However if you think, you can not preparation from self study, you can join coaching institutes like MADE EASY, GATEFORUM etc. You can get the syllabus on the official website of these coaching institutes or you can download the GATE 2016 notification when it will be released for latest notification.

Some of the e books for different subjects:

Electrical Machines by Nagrath and Kothari.

Power System by CL Wadhwa.

Electromagnetic field theory by Sadiku.

Control system by B.S Manke.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?