27th April 2015, 02:50 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for TCS campus placement with 58% marks in pre final year?

I am having 58 % till pre final year and having 70% at 10th and 67 at 12th did i am eligible for tcs campus placement.? What should I do to prepare for the campus placement? If am not eligible for the placement then what should I do now?

27th April 2015, 08:19 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for TCS campus placement with 58% marks in pre final year?

If TCS is going to visit your campus in your 7th semester, then I am sorry you are not eligible to appear in TCS Selection Process. Whereas, if TCS is going to visit for campus selections in your 8th semester, then there are good chances for you to sit in the TCS Campus recruitment process.

Case 1: If TCS visits campus in your 7th Sem - It considers B.Tech Percentage till 6th Semester {You have secured 58% till pre final year i.e., 6th sem. Since the minimum percentage required is 60% marks you are NOT eligible}

Case 2: If TCS visits campus in you 8th sem - It considers B.Tech Percentage till 7th semester. {You try to score good percentage in 7th sem, so that your percentage may likely to increased from 58% and if you can secure more than 60% till 7th semester, then you are certainly eligible}.

If it is the Case 2 then there is no problem at all, but if it is the 1st case then I suggest you to follow the below instruction. Work hard and try to get more than 60% marks in your 7th semester, so that your aggregate will get increased and you will be certainly eligible for the companies that visit your campus during your 8th semester.
27th April 2015, 10:37 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for TCS campus placement with 58% marks in pre final year?

I am extremely sorry to state that you are not eligible for TCS campus placement drive. This is because TCS has fixed the eligibility criteria as - a student must have at least 60% aggregate in his/her entire career to be eligible for TCS which means you need to have at least 60% in 10th, 12th and B.Tech course to be eligible. Even a percentage of 59.99 will not make you eligible. You should try to raise your percentage in your B.Tech course above 60% by scoring high percentages in the next two semesters. You should practice aptitude and try to improve your English along with the technical skills in the meantime and then apply in TCS in the final year or after completion of B.Tech course.
28th April 2015, 01:30 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am having 58 % till pre final year and having 70% at 10th and 67 at 12th did i am eligible for tcs campus placement.? What should I do to prepare for the campus placement? If am not eligible for the placement then what should I do now?
As per mark criteria, you are not eligible for Tata Consultancy Services recruitment.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for Tata Consultancy Services is,

Tata Consultancy Services= 60%

Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for Tata Consultancy Services recruitment.

Selection process for Tata Consultancy Services recruitment:-

1. Aptitude test
2. Technical interview
3. Personal interview
10th February 2016, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

sir i have just entered in 6th sem and upto now my current SGPA IN B.E is 8.06 and CGPA is 7.56 .. but in 10th and 12th i have scored only 56% .. am i eligible for tcs campus placement for 7TH SEM
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?